Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

control EMX1 channels 1-5 volume by external midi controller

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rimoch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: control EMX1 channels 1-5 volume by external midi controller Reply with quote

helloooo

is anyone knows how i control my EMX1 synths parts 1-5 VOLUME parameter with external midi controller (i have uc33,slmk25 midi controllers )

i would like to know how i program the midi controller's sliders to to each 1- 5 midi channel - volume parameter.

tnx alottttt Twisted Evil
sl23

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sl23 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Telengard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: control EMX1 channels 1-5 volume by external midi contro Reply with quote

rimoch wrote:
helloooo

is anyone knows how i control my EMX1 synths parts 1-5 VOLUME parameter with external midi controller (i have uc33,slmk25 midi controllers )

i would like to know how i program the midi controller's sliders to to each 1- 5 midi channel - volume parameter.

tnx alottttt Twisted Evil

I have done it a couple ways. One with an iPad and the EMX and one using a midi solutions box (http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm) and a nanoKontrol2.

It has been a while so I don't remember if I just need to map the different MIDI channels for the nanoKontrol2 or if I needed to send it System Exclusive messages.

I will try and find my midi solutions program that I used for it.

Update: I couldn't find my file that I used but a quick look at the manual shows that you have to assign CC#7 with the MIDI channel of each synth voice (Defaults to 1 to 5 for synths and 10 for drums) to your encoders or faders on you midi device. I depends if your controller allows you to assign a different midi channel per control. I think that is why I would use the iPad or MIDI Solutions box to translate for me.
insenico

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Use FL Studio as DAW / VST Host to send MIDI commands to my EMX-1.

You can send CC10 to change the volume, on Ch1 affects Synth1, Ch2 affects Synth2, etc...

I found out that using the volume is complicated, some parts might be too loud, others might be too low. My solution? Use the CC7 instead to PAN the Synths L/R. Yes, I am using my EMX-1 as MONO, only connecting the left channel to my mixer. When you pan to right, basically you fade the sound out. You'll loose the stereo FXs, but equalizing parts is super easy, you just save the pattern with the right equalization and with the faders you bring parts in and out, 0 to 100% of the volume you already set.

I hope this helps.
Hercules RMX2
Novation Launchkey Mini
FL Studio12
Traktor2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: