Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaossilator 1 v kaossilator 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Kaossilator 1 v kaossilator 2 Reply with quote

Over all my impression is KO 1 is easier to get good ideas flowing instantly and easier.
KO 2 you have to dig deeper.Play with the menu .It has more options and it does have improvements like SD saving and timestretch for tempo change ,but clipped some of the "goodiness" of OG.
Samples on KO2 are good,but generally no improvement on sounds either (apart from drums maybe).
Playing stye of xy pad varies also...
KO 1 allows multi touch of fingers to slide between two settings .
KO 2 doesn't ,but is more forgiving for staying on note for slides up Y axis (mod or amp) and not jumping note by mistake.
I think KO1 is best for jamming live though ,if you like its classic dance ,synth sound set.
Its better build.,phono out and longer arp patterns leads me to this.Larger pad and also it has 4 bar hack and write/ undo option... But no sd.
Better battery life and easier to replace record too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: