Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My mini only has a USB port on the back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hunterpartyofone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject: My mini only has a USB port on the back Reply with quote

I purchased a new MS20 and the back side of my unit does not look like the Korg photos. No midi port, no power cord port, only a USB port. The installation disk would not work with windows 10 so I downloaded the drivers from Korg and now I get a power on light but nothing else. What am I missing? Is the unit powered totally from USB? No 110V power needed? Also I have no sound either through computer speakers or through headphones. I am lost. Please help.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Only USB? Does it look like this: http://www.matrixsynth.com/2011/10/korg-ms-20-ic-legacy-controller.html.
Sorry to tell you, but it is not a MS20 Mini then. You probably bought the MS20 Legacy controller. It is basically a MIDI keyboard/controller which looks like a MS20. It comes with software which emulates/renders the sound of a MS20, based on the how you put knobs and patches on the controller. So only a USB cable needed. Without the software, it is dead box, I'm afraid. Look for Korg Legacy software package.

New? Normally you can not buy the MS20 legacy controller anymore.

Have also a look here, browse for 2004: http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/ms_20mini/page_3.php
Bye
hunterpartyofone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. It was represented as a mini and I had no reason to open the pox at the store. I will attempt to return it.
mikefellh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the MS20 Legacy box:

The MS20 Mini box looks like:
tartarLuv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg is selling the MS20 software for $25 USD. There are advantages to using the Controller and the software (polyphonic, saving patches, multiple instances in a DAW, etc). Plus the Controller can be used for other synths, Korg or otherwise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: