Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Needing help. Very frustrated!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gogina221

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Needing help. Very frustrated! Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I'm a newbie. I've had the Kronos 2 for about a year now. I love it. However, I am by no means a professional or know the very intricate technical aspects of it. I recently purchased a soundset library from the Korg Shop. "Wavestation Dreams" (EX89) from KAPRO. I love the sounds, but I can't seem to authorize it.

I successfully installed the EX89 demo into the Kronos. I can play the sounds, but as with the demo, they fade in and out. I purchased it online and received a KEY CODE.. I went into global and into options. I put in the KEY CODE in (double checking to make sure every key was correct). All I get is "Authorization failed". I thought maybe my system needed to be updated.. I downloaded the latest update. 3.0.4. I successfully installed that. Again, I try to put the code back in and it fails every time.. I was even so desperate that I purchased this EX again.. and received a new code.. That didn't work either.

I called the Korg hotline.. Apparently they don't deal with technical issues. They gave me an email for support.. I'm not getting any help and I am really annoyed, because this will deter me from buying further libraries in the future. Can anyone help me?
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, can't help, but will be following this thread. So, no one a KAPRO could help?

Contact Information for KApro Libraries
KApro - Kurt Ader Productions
Kurt Ader
Wallstadter Strasse 64
D-68259 Mannheim
Germany
Mobile: +49-170-9028535
Email: k.ader@gmx.de
https://www.facebook.com/KAproProductions

Contact Information for KARO Libraries
KARO Sound Development
Kurt Ader & Oliver Rehn
Wallstadter Strasse 64
D-68259 Mannheim
Germany
Mobile: +49-170-9028535
Email: info@karo-sounds.com
www.karo-sounds.com/webkronos/index.html

Contact Information for Kid Nepro Libraries
Steve Proto
Kid Nepro Productions
12 Mcdermott Ave
Riverhead, NY 11901
USA
Office & Tech Support: +1-718-732-0553
Product Sales: sales@kidnepro.com
Product Support: support@kidnepro.com
Web Home Page: www.kidnepro.com
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you are keying in alphabets and numbers, O for 0 l for 1 etc.
i have the same library , bought it few days bank and it works perfectly.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Gogina221

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooked On Sonics wrote:
Wow, can't help, but will be following this thread. So, no one a KAPRO could help?

I contacted KAPRO by email. They got back to me within 1 day, but didn't offer any real solution to my problem. They said that the Kronos was ultra sensitive and it could fail even if the EX wasn't installed properly. I had some issues installing it initially. I was unzipping folders and files that didn't need to be unzipped. After some trail and error, I watched someone install an EX on youtube and followed their simple method.. It worked. Thinking I was home free, I go to authorize it and as I said, it failed numerous times. I really wish there was something I could do. I feel like I've thrown my money away.

Gogina221

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amit wrote:
make sure you are keying in alphabets and numbers, O for 0 l for 1 etc.
i have the same library , bought it few days bank and it works perfectly.

I'm jealous.. I love the sounds. What I hear of them, I mean.. They just won't play all the way through in demo mode.

Yes. My first key code was very simple. No O's or 0's. It couldn't have been an easier code to follow.. Failed.. Second code did have O/0 and I tried both combinations.. Failed yet again.
Gogina221

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious.. Would uninstalling these EX's affect the code after reinstalling them again? I uninstalled it, thinking that if I put it back in, it would then work. Do you have to attain a new key code every time this EX is put back in again? Or is the code supposed to work whenever you modify your installed EX's?
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this document "Kronos Music Station Introduction to demo EXs PDF" accurate about its install procedures? Just curious if you used this to do you installation.
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
Gogina221

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooked On Sonics wrote:
Is this document "Kronos Music Station Introduction to demo EXs PDF" accurate about its install procedures? Just curious if you used this to do you installation.

I don't understand. What are you referring to? As I said, I'm still quite a novice when it comes to this stuff. I'm amazed that I know as much as I do.
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That document is on the Korg site. Mentions your scenario, i think

This instrument contains function-limited trial versions of Korg's optional EXs expansion sample sound libraries. EXs libraries include sample data and Programs, and may also include Drum Kits, Wave Sequences, and other data.

With the default settings, the samples for these trial version libraries will not be loaded, and so their Programs and other sounds won't play correctly. In order to try them out, you'll need to load the corresponding EXs samples.

Note: These EXs will be in demo mode. You’ll be able to play, edit, and save Programs and Combis, etc. which use EXs—but until you purchase an authorization code, their sound will fade out periodically. To purchase an authorization code, go to the online shop at www.korg.com/kronos. For more information, see “Purchasing and authorizing EXs options” on page 2

Purchasing and authorizing EXs options
EXs option will work in demo mode, fading in and out,
until an authorization code is purchased and entered into
the KRONOS. To do so:

1. Go to the Global P6: Options Info page.
2. Write down the Public ID, as shown at the top of the
display. Make sure that you’ve copied it accurately.

3. If you have access to the internet, follow the
instructions under “Purchasing option licenses via
the internet,” below.or:
If you do not have internet access, follow the
instructions under “Purchasing option licenses from
your Korg distributor,” below.

Purchasing option licenses via the internet
1. Go to http://www.korg.com/kronos
2. Log in under your registered member name.
If you aren’t already registered, follow the online
instructions for registering as a member of
www.korg.com. After registering as a member, register
your KRONOS.

3. Purchase the authorization code for EXs option.
After purchasing, you’ll receive your authorization code.
Note that this code is tied to your Public ID, and will not
work on other KRONOS systems.

If you have more than one KRONOS, you’ll need to
purchase authorizations for each one separately.

4. Once you have the authorization code, follow the
instructions under “Authorizing options on the
KRONOS,” below.

Purchasing option licenses from your Korg
Distributor

1. If you do not have access to the internet, your
national Korg distributor will be happy to assist you
in purchasing option authorization codes.
2. Contact your Korg distributor, and ask them for
assistance with purchasing option authorizations for
the KRONOS.

You can find contact information for your Korg distributor by contacting your Korg dealer, or from the
following page on the Korg website:

http://www.korg.co.jp/English/index.html

3. After you purchase the authorization code(s),
proceed to “Authorizing options on the KRONOS,”
below.

Authorizing options on the KRONOS
1. Go to the Global Options Info page.
2. Select the option to authorize from the list of
Installed Options.
3. Press the Authorize Selected button.
The Authorize Selected window will appear.
4. Enter the authorization code.
You’ll see the name of the selected option or option
bundle at the top of the window. The window also
includes an on-screen keyboard, so that you can enter
your authorization code.
5. Press OK.
Provided that you entered a valid authorization code, the
list will now show the option or option bundle as
Authorized, and the audio limitations of Demo mode
will be removed.

Freeing up memory
The steps below will clear all data from Sampling
Mode. If you have any un-saved edits to data in
Sampling Mode, make sure that you save to disk
before proceeding!
Depending on which other samples are loaded, there
may not be enough free memory to load another EXs.
Español Deutsch Français English
En-3
In order to free up memory, you can return to the factory
default state by loading only the PRELOAD.KSC file. If
you want to free up even more memory, you can choose
to load only the parts of PRELOAD.KSC that you
personally use.
After freeing up memory, you can then load the
additional EXs sample data as desired.
To return to the factory default state:
1. Similar to the instructions under “Loading EXs
samples into internal memory” on page 1, select only
the PRELOAD.KSC Auto-Load check box, and then
press the Do Auto-Load Now button .
The sample setup will return to the factory default state.
If this doesn’t free up sufficient memory, you can also
customize the preload by removing samples that you
don’t use.
Note: Any Programs or Combinations which require the
unloaded sample data will no longer sound correctly. If
this occurs, the display will show the warning message
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double check that your Public ID is correct. Go to the Korg Web Store and log into MY KRONOS. You should see the Public ID. Now compare it against your Kronos GLOBAL==>OPTIONS INFO (top left)

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Gogina221

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for your time and help.. It was my public ID. I had a Kronos X before I had this keyboard and it was defective. I had my old Kronos Public ID in the database.. That's why it wasn't working.. Unfortunately I'll have to pay for yet another KEY CODE, but.. I guess figuring it out, was well worth the trouble.

Thanks again everyone!
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niceeeeeeeeee, cool, now that I know its safe to go back into water, i'm going to try out the ordering/download/install process. Have a Great WEEKEND!!!
Gogina221

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooked On Sonics wrote:
Niceeeeeeeeee, cool, now that I know its safe to go back into water, i'm going to try out the ordering/download/install process. Have a Great WEEKEND!!!

Thanks. You too.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really shouldn't be necessary to pay for another key code. Could you explain your position to Korg or whoever's sound library it is, and get a new code issued based on the correct Publik key?

average_male

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
It really shouldn't be necessary to pay for another key code. Could you explain your position to Korg or whoever's sound library it is, and get a new code issued based on the correct Publik key?

UPDATE: I wasn't search deep enough, as the below was already noted here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=808309&sid=5ba92626f17abe1130307b20fcd42ba5

---- For those who are researching this, will leave the following as it was ----

Was researching this topic and decided to reach out to Korg and ask about reauthorziing to another machine/Kronos. I didn't see any details stating this and was wondering if this is something new?

Question to Korg:
Me wrote:
If I purchased an EXs for my Kronos and associate it with my device, is there a means to un-authorize it for that Kronos and have it get migrated/authorized to another Kronos? Or once authorized to a Kronos, it must always reside on that device for ever?

Reply:
KorgUSA wrote:
Yes, you can use the EXs sounds on another Kronos. The EXs library can be used on up to 3 Kronos.

In order to assign the EXs library to another Kronos it will be the process you did when you first authorized the EXs library on the first Kronos.

When you locate the Authorization codes on your Korg ID account you will select the drop-down menu like seen in the image below.

[image of authorization noting, "Used in 1 product(s) out of 3" for a given EXs]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: