Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

owners of the new Blue/RED E2 edition please...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bladuck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: owners of the new Blue/RED E2 edition please... Reply with quote

Please can you let us know if Korg upped the guts of the blue/red editions ?
Did korg put more DSP power under the hood if these new beast ? I would replace my old E2 unit if I knew that there are:

-- less of stealing voices
-- better delay IFX algo
-- less clicking with low frequency oscillators such as sine or triangle.

Thank you!
jpeg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

realistically if they improved the internals they would be hyping it up in the marketing; so its pretty safe to assume there were no internal changes.

its all cosmetic, software and content (patterns) no internal hardware alterations have been made
WestLondoner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good qtns, albeit +1 to jeg's answer. But OTOH methinks it's just a wee bit early to ask owners of the newer electribes, what they think of their purchase - given that they're still not AFAICT even available to buy for next day delivery, at the usual outlets yet.

(Been waiting weeks now...)
jreign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know if they took care of the sunken pads issue. Judging by the Korg vid, it looks to be raised evenly now.

The new colored ones are available throughout the US, like Amazon.

Non-Korg: OP-1, PO-12/20/28
WestLondoner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, not too sure about that. In other words, I Won't be holding my breath for any USA reviews either over the next few days, particularly if Amazon.com's current status of "Usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks." is a reliable indicator of how they are not yet shipping there either. Be nice of course, if they were around, but just saying...
jreign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ElectribeSRD

http://www.kraftmusic.com/korg-electribe-production-station-emx-blue.html

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IQXTABM/ref=s9_simh_gw_g267_i1_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=AX33QMHXG0N6FYTXMEBC&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=6aad23bd-3035-4a40-b691-0eefb1a18396&pf_rd_i=desktop

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/517659-Korg-electribe?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=googleps&st-t=googleshopping-musical_instruments&vt-k=&vt-mt=&vt-pti=517659&gclid=CjwKEAjwltC9BRDRvMfD2N66nlISJACq8591p2teS_Q-RjPWseWNOfwZA0N15fUfsfdZY6juWd2bMRoC817w_wcB

https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?order=name&dir=asc&q=electribe&seg=3

WestLondoner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in all fairness you did specifically mention amazon US in your former response, and they do *still* state "two to four weeks" for delivery...

And it remains to be seen whether the stores you mentioned really all do have it in stock for next day despatch. It's not exactly unheard of that an online retailer pitches to have a much wanted item in stock for NDD, so as to get the orders in, only to experience certain delays when it comes to shipping it...

Very strange indeed if they really do have it for ndd, especially - when the most important online retailer still isn't shipping...

Still if you're right, then it'll probably be only be a matter of a few days surely before new owners can give a comment on the red/blues here. No such luck here in the UK yet, needless to say.
WestLondoner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok folks, I'm (... at last) looking to acquire one of these new Blue ones tomorrow afternoon, and hope to give some thoughts on it next week, when I've got around to using it.

In the meantime, if the OP wishes me to give some specific links which demonstrate those known issues he's wondering about - best of all some youtube links which show by example the very issues you're talking about, then I'd be happy to test them on the new Blue Electribe and let you know how it goes in comparison (and if there are any differences with the newest model). I'm sorry I can't be more helpful than that, as I didn't own one of the 1st gen E2 - only the EMX and ESX before that! So I can't compare it to the very one it replaces, in other words. Still... HTH

**EDITED** ----> Finally... I've a Blue Beauty (below), and besides being an absolute stunner, my very first impressions are that I've in all honesty, quite a surprisingly incredible learning curve, to come anywhere close to mastering everything about it - and that's coming from someone who was very comfortable working with the previous generation - the ESX and EMX. I'm really surprised at just how different these are from the EMX/ESX which preceded them. For just one example, in "trigger mode" I'd expected, when laying down a drum pattern that I could simply hit the record button and tap away on the various drum parts, and they would be recorded in sequence, and played back accordingly. But I've discovered it doesn't work like that - which I found strange, because on the older electribes, that record button... recorded. Yes, it recorded, no matter what! Period. Whatever you did, albeit you needed motion sequence to capture pot rotations, but it still made absolute sense. Record should equal record - shouldn't it!? Yet apparently I need to record in "sequencer mode", not "trigger mode"...

What's more, youtube tutorials are currently the mainstay of my education as to how to use it, because its manual is nowhere near as comprehensive, as it was with both the ESX and EMX. Hmmm, anyway if I can get a better idea of what's what I would hope to give some answers to the OP'squeries above, i.e., if no one else get's there first. For now, here it is:
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestLondoner wrote:

in "trigger mode" I'd expected, when laying down a drum pattern that I could simply hit the record button and tap away on the various drum parts, and they would be recorded in sequence, and played back accordingly. But I've discovered it doesn't work like that - which I found strange, because on the older electribes, that record button... recorded. Yes, it recorded, no matter what! Period. Whatever you did, albeit you needed motion sequence to capture pot rotations, but it still made absolute sense. Record should equal record - shouldn't it!? Yet apparently I need to record in "sequencer mode", not "trigger mode"...

Okay, I'm confused...or maybe you have not explored the different trigger options in the global menu, because you can hit record button and record your performance in trigger mode. Go to global> Trigger Mode> select "Seq 1st".

The only thing is that, for some reason, anytime you play the drums in trigger mode, there is no quantize. Either you improve your timing or the result is not what you wanted. For those who want to play their drum parts in trigger mode I recommend using an external controller like the Korg padKontrol. When you use PadKontrol your drum performance is quantized.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
WestLondoner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SMK, many thanks for your helpful suggestion.

I'll have a go with your suggestion in a little while, and will report back if that's fixed that issue for me. Hopefully... Smile

meanwhile, thx again
WestLondoner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit - all's good now, thanks again for your help. Very Happy
prints

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Red Electribe 2S. I was concerned about the high-pitched noise in the audio input everyone was complaining about, but mine has zero noise. I'm actually quite surprised by how good the audio sounds sampled through that tiny 1/8 inch input. Also, all my pads are elevated (not sunken in) and feel great.

I have a strong feeling that hardware changes were made to the newer Red and Blue versions of the Electribe 2/2S.
jreign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Prints. Yeah the colored ones probably have hardware fixes since its essentially all the same firmware.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: