Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Store Summer Sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeltaJockey wrote:
thanks Seedy,

I could check my CreditCard provider I guess.
In the meantime, I've sent an email off to CMI in Melbourne to ask whether Korg will pity me :-/
I can't find any specific Korg contacts for software other than the Australian distributors, and I know my local dealer wouldn't have a clue about such a question!

Chris

Hope you have some luck. I know usually the Gold and Platinum cards from the big four include it Smile
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fcoulter wrote:
Hooked On Sonics wrote:
Is there a reason why the checkout site does not use PayPal? What type of purchasing security is in place to guard against identity theft

Many internet vendors don't use Paypal. They charge a higher percentage than other payment services, but they're easier to use for small vendors. Korg may wish to save the extra costs, and do enough business to develop their own payment system.

As for security, look at the address bar. If it says https as opposed to just http, then the communication is encrypted. Additionally, many browsers have indicators (like a lock or a key) to show that the communications are secure.

Cool, thanks for the detailed reply
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there are a couple of sound libs that i would like to get. One has an example download that we just unzipped. Is uploaded this to my K2 similar to the way i uploaded the new O/S?

Or is uploading sound libs different

Thanks in advance for any and all FEEDBACK!!! ... and for the cool SALE
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh, found the direction in a Kronos Music Station Introduction to demo EXs PDF
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as i love the EXS expansions that i already have,
i dont think i will be getting anymore.
My KRONOS is pretty complete with current EXS expansions and my own samples.
I was saving up for another guitar EXS, but then i thought about what i really need.
I have this super powerfull midi machinne (KRONOS) and no sound moduals at all except my MININOVA, and it isnt multi timbral.
So i just got me a YAMAHA MX49.
What can i say?
As much of a KORG guy i am.
I am as much a YAMAHA guy still.
With KRONOS super powerfull midi and sound, i can mix sounds of KRONOS and the MX49 powerfull sound, and record both synths as i please, together.
Super awesomeness!
This setup also saves polyphony, and ram.

Very Happy
Schmooster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only user that thinks these expansions in their current format actually AREN'T worth it at all? Sure buy them once, but no reduction if you have multiple boards and no way to move them? I think it's outright theft to be held to ransom like this when there's no way to take my studio 'board' on stage without physically taking the board itself? Even going back to cards would be better. I'm sticking with the Laptop, VST's and DAT - once bitten you soon realise just how useless these 'expansions' can actually be. There's no reason (in my humble opinion) they can't be installed to an external SSD and registered to say 3 or 4 boards, home, studio, stage/touring + backup - I've used 3 in a setup and it would have been awesome to have the expansions available to at least 2 of them - and I had one crash which is common and not the boards fault but the boot time makes tech issues seem far worse when you're playing. The laptop boots in about 30 seconds and has 500GB of 'skeleton' sample libraries - I love this board compared to the Kurz P3K but it's not gonna last unless the OS gives us a bit more freedom with our setups.
Moan moan moan lol 🙄.
Schmooster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only user that thinks these expansions in their current format actually AREN'T worth it at all? Sure buy them once, but no reduction if you have multiple boards and no way to move them? I think it's outright theft to be held to ransom like this when there's no way to take my studio 'board' on stage without physically taking the board itself? Even going back to cards would be better. I'm sticking with the Laptop, VST's and DAT - once bitten you soon realise just how useless these 'expansions' can actually be. There's no reason (in my humble opinion) they can't be installed to an external SSD and registered to say 3 or 4 boards, home, studio, stage/touring + backup - I've used 3 in a setup and it would have been awesome to have the expansions available to at least 2 of them - and I had one crash which is common and not the boards fault but the boot time makes tech issues seem far worse when you're playing. The laptop boots in about 30 seconds and has 500GB of 'skeleton' sample libraries - I love this board compared to the Kurz P3K but it's not gonna last unless the OS gives us a bit more freedom with our setups.
Moan moan moan lol 🙄.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a subjective thing.
I have bought libraries just for 2 or three sounds that I like in it.
For me it's a matter of time vs money.
If you've got time you can build your own library with your signature and unique sound, but if you haven't and you equate the time required vs the cost of some of these libraries, these sound economical enough.

Note that this is a niche market, There are only so many Kronos Users.
If you account in for the man hours and equipment the makers of some of the libraries have put in, they all add to the production cost.
They do need a decent number of sales to even out the ROI and get into profit.

A lot gets taken for granted, what if these libraries:
1: were not available at all?
2: Came preinstalled, Added to the Cost for each user (who won't even need em)
3: Or Came as Optional upgrades, but only one time option at the time of Kronos Purchase like apple does with some of their macs, you live with what you chose.

in my view what Korg does now is better than any of the three above.

On PC side there is only so much you can do before you hit the bottlenecks.
Kontakt takes it's time to load the patches too and so does omnisphere, if you add some softsynths to the equation and you are not gonna be able to keep latency low enough for long, add some decent convolution reverbs that need sample buckets of their own and you can end up with a lot worse, or much better with lot of spending on processing power and DSP cards etc.

There is no one size fits all. In the end each one of us have to find just the fine balance we can get away with. Where to use computer/plugin and where to use a workstation or other dedicated hardware, only then the true worth of each entity can be realized.

Smile
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Schmooster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted, it's the same old argument - you always seem to get about 90% of what would actually make a perfect board - but if they built that then they'd never sell another.

I do appreciate the time and effort that's gone into these expansions, my main point really is lack of portability, I can't think of any other that's so restrictive. Some you just can't expand, I know that, others you need to program yourself (which any half decent player should if he wants his own sound anyway)

It's not just the price, it's how restricted you are now - no other Korg board or module has followed this sales model and I hope it's not one that catches on and takes over.

I agree with what you say entirely, it's the lack of portability vs price I'm griping at. I'd have no issues buying several copies or licenses if they were cheaper but you can quite easily end up with a Kronos that's got more value in expansions than the board cost and if it gets stolen you're in a world of doo doo.

Latency issues vs reboot time? Rebooting on SSD is no longer an issue, and fast ram and SSD's speeds up Kontakt load times - once it's booted mine only ever sleeps anyway so it's essentially never off.

In all honesty, if the Kronos had decent guitars built in I wouldn't even be griping - I still preferred Korg and Roland's expansion boards though to this. 🤑
stevomuzo2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Korg Libraries Reply with quote

To be quite honest, I feel quite insulted that after having invested £3300 to purchase a top of the range keyboard, I have to invest this much money in sounds that are completely lacking in the first place. There should be an option available for us to be able to download these sounds FOC whenever we wish into our Kronos machines just like Roland offer the facility with their banks on the Integra-7. To be honest, I have invested the £900+ for Komplete 11 Ultimate and it was a toss between the Komplete or the Integra and I preferred the software version for a saving of some £300.
It's just my gripe so rant over people - just wanted to drop in my tuppence
Very Happy
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, if I don't get it, but why should anyone else's work be free since we paid a huge amount to korg for the keyboard.

Most of the top libraries are not by korg, but by individual producers, who use the Korg model for distribution because it protects their intellectual property.
Korg takes about 30% of their revenue.

They are free to sell at whatever price and they can distribute themselves without adopting the korg distribution system taking the inevitable piracy risks.
When you buy on Apple App Store or google play store, you pay the developers (which in turn pay a certain cut of sale to the distributor),
Then why is Korg model on th receiving end.
Sure I don't like it either but that has nothing to do with the product I paid for.
I did my research and received all what was promised. I am free to buy from wherever I want and install.
You don't have to buy from korg, you could use any akai cd or convert other formats without paying a single dime to korg. However if we want to use their resources then IMO it's fair enough for them to ask a price for their extras and distribution system.

Korg system guarantees against the piracy or distribution/sharing of libraries that is why third party developers find it to be the best distribution system.

Also note this applies to Mainly HD-1 Sample based libraries only.
If you buy Exi based or combi libraries you can install them on any number of devices you own without any restrictions.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reality of buying these precious libraries... is that every time you invest in a library for Kronos... you have throw all that investment on a ship that will not float forever. This is the main reason I have invested in VSTs market is because of KORG's mandated temporal license on their Kronos inventory you purchase. This contract with each buyers of their product (all of us) can surely be allow for a single purchase from their loyal patron. They know who has bought their libraries. How hard is it to honor that purchase as long as you have bought a Kronos from them? I would have already bought some of KARO, KAPRO's wonderful orchestral libraries (and others) had their library policies been more responsive and benevolent toward preserving the purchase . It is the very hardware instruments in my studio (three of them Korg) that whisper to me "careful what you give KORG" for they grow more perishing every day. I am grateful to KORG. I have supported and applauded them for many years....Thank you.... but this reality is too expensive for me in the times we live. I hope KORG would reconsider current marketing policies. Perhaps a little wisdom has come to this old musician. The lust for sounds and gear acquisition syndrome (GAS) is no longer enough. It has to be measured against the longevity of my purchases.

Long live Korg Forums!
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each time I have bought a Kronos Sound Library, the reason was that, simply, I had a fresh new song and (its whole arrangements) in my head, have bought 3 Kronos Sound Libraries, (Choirs, Orchestra, and the last 4 days ago Ethno) and I will never regret it because they are simply really good, very well crafted, and, their prices, for me, are justified. But in the future : I think that if these sellers could have the honesty and the patience to look back at our previous purchases, then they could certainely give us a new code in agreement with the new serial number of our new Kronos keyboard. That's all.

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best time ( and the past 5 years) ever to be a keyboard player with the Kronos.

Plus all the software synths, etc, etc
Pa3XDK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Im sad about the guitars of my K2. Crying or Very sad Could any of you recommend a good guitar expansion, with some realistic sounds, and good programs/combi production?

I've looked into WavesArt guitar suite, however it's a bit more pricey - and since there's a sale on Korg, I might as well take advantage. Wink
NI Komplete Ultimate 9, and a hell of a lot VI's

Music demo's at;
https://soundcloud.com/hellan-n-rlev/sets
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: