Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG PA 4X-PAAS speaker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
itban_omair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: KORG PA 4X-PAAS speaker Reply with quote

Hi Friends,
I am owning PA 600 and PA 4x. for home use I would like to buy PAAS speaker which is genrally used on PA3X and PA4X. My doubt is- can I coonect both keyboard PA4X and PA600 to same PAAS speaker??
Thanks
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only pa3x and pa4x have connection ports for the PAAS speaker so you can't do this..
What you can do is to connect the PAAS to the pa4x, connect the outputs of the pa600 to the pa4x and hear the pa600 from the PAAS through the pa4x input!
Uncle Dave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: NO - NO - NO .... not that easy Reply with quote

[quote="musiccankill"]Only pa3x and pa4x have connection ports for the PAAS speaker so you can't do this..
What you can do is to connect the PAAS to the pa4x, connect the outputs of the pa600 to the pa4x and hear the pa600 from the PAAS through the pa4x input![/quote]

That's true, but with a significant tradeoff. To have the PAAS accept, and process audio coming INTO it, you need to select "LINE INPUT" which bypasses the mic input. You cannot use the mic in AND the line ins at the same time, and send them to the PAAS. This is why I returned mine.

The PAAS sounds great, but is very proprietized, and will not do what you want, unless you DO NOT NEED the mic preamp in the 4x. That was too big of a loss for me, so I no longer own one. Korg confirmed that they have no plan to implement hardware changes to make this connection possible. Pity ... it would be an awesome stage monitor IF you could also monitor the line in signals WITH the mic.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just use a small mixer to add as many channels as you wish to the stereo input of the pa4x!!You still lose the harmonizer but this way you can use it as a "stage monitor"..
itban_omair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your inputs!!
Uncle Dave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="musiccankill"]You can just use a small mixer to add as many channels as you wish to the stereo input of the pa4x!!You still lose the harmonizer but this way you can use it as a "stage monitor"..[/quote]

NOTHING is worth loosing that top notch harmonizer for me. It's at the top of my list of what makes the PA series so attractive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: