Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A nice feature 2 add on the petition list...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sl23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sl23 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loudest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard not to be okay with this constatation ... the E2 is not bad, but the E2S is indefensible in 2016 ..
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mental illness is a bitch.
Cade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl23 wrote:

You've all been screwed over and your attitude is "Never mind lets get on with it, Korg will sort it, good ol' Korg, next time they'll come through for us"

This is my first Electribe, and I don't feel I have been screwed over at all. I accept the limitations of the machine and can easily adapt. I had no expectations, so this instrument (E2S) works great for me as a hardware (MIDI) controller and a drum machine, that just happens to have great sampling capability. I was just looking to get away from using the computer for music production, and this works quite well for me.

I don't feel I need to defend Korg or their inaction about sorting out the device. That's not my place. Rolling Eyes I'm just trying to do my part in helping out the community.

I don't mind your rants at all. In fact, they are actually quite amusing. I'm not sure why your knickers are in such a bunch over this thing. It's almost like you spent the last $400 you will ever make on this instrument. Get over it. Laughing
sl23 wrote:
You're [sic] deluded! This and every other company cares for nothing more than the money in your pocket.

I beg to differ. In my experience Novation and Roland have continued to please their customers by providing (free) updates to some great instruments (Circuit and System-1). Korg even provided a free update to Gadget recently and it added some incredible features. I am relatively sure other companies have as well, but I can't speak from experience as I don't own any gear from DSI, Alesis, Access, Nord, Arturia, Moog, Elektron, etc...

sl23- by the way, your mental instability is showing Embarassed
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His problems with the electribe begin *way* before the electribe 2(s) were even launched -

His posts indicate a less than competent ability with the current E2S.
Cade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I intend on printing the Petition and sending it to the Korg executives this week, and don't feel we can add this stuff at this time. (we have 787 supporters so far)

Perhaps we should compile a list of recommended fixes and improvements (including some from this thread) that we can forward to Korg (assuming they will listen), or add to the next rendition of the Petition in the future. Cool
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
sl23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sl23 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl23 wrote:

Hmmm... It seems you judge me by nothing more than the words I type without knowing anything about me. That's fine, just goes to show your own personal limitations.

Obviously I have limited amount of information about you. All the evidence I need (to draw conclusions about you) is on this forum.
You may be a perfectly capable father, son, brother, ditch-digger, or factory-worker. I'm not trying to assume anything.
Who knows, you may even be a perfectly cool person.! How am I to know? (nor do I care) Wink

I am not going to take the time to look up your IP, search out who (or where) you are, or what ideologies you represent, or even view your youtube channel. Honestly, it's totally not worth my time.

(From reading your posts) It seems that you are jaded and are taking your personal frustrations out (under the guise of hating the Electribe 2) on this forum. I don't feel I need to delve any deeper. The evidence seems as plain as day. Cool
sl23 wrote:

You may THINK you got a good deal, doesn't mean you HAVE. You, like all the people of the matrix, believe you are free! That is the great delusion. You believe you are free, but that only makes you a better, more obedient slave. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluded, there is no question of IF, IF doesn't come into it.

I don't "think" I got a good deal. I KNOW that I got a fantastic drum machine/MIDI controller/Hardware Sampler that fits perfectly into my home studio, regardless of the price I paid. A great machine that I am happy with. I don't even care about the limitations that others highlight about it. (value of this machine was never in question by my psyche)

sl23 wrote:

You think you didn't get screwed? That's a very naive attitude. You think I'm nuts? again a very naive attitude. (I don't think you are nuts, just a little unstable)

If they care about customers requirements, why not make a single unit encompassing all features? Why not keep to the tradition of previous generations the features that actually MADE them this great? Why make a sampler with seconds worth of memory when GB's of storage can be bought for peanuts?

Great question, perhaps you should ask them directly.

I will assume that as is the same with most corporations: Money is the driving factor, and if it would be a financial advantage to them to fix it, they might. Realize that Korg also is making innovative products that nobody else is, and you shouldn't judge them on this one product. This seems very reactive. Have you ever had a peaceful moment in your life? Rolling Eyes
sl23 wrote:

I don't expect sympathy, I don't expect you to understand or believe or anything else. All I expect from all of you is the same attitude of the people of the matrix. Blind faith in something that is vying for control over everything you are for it's own gain. But you carry on with you're beliefs. Don't you have any principles? Don't you care companies are ripping you off? Perhaps you don't care if you are burgled or someone sleeps with you're partner?

So the Electribe is somehow controlling me and stands to gain from this and is now an autonomous unit with Artificial Intelligence? Sounds plausible [sarcasm].

I don't feel that companies are ripping me off in any way.
I don't care if I'm burgled, as I have insurance to cover the loss, and back my project files and samples up to a cloud service.
If my partner sleeps with someone else, then clearly she wasn't the one for me.
I'm not going to waste my energy caring about something over which I do not have control. Full Stop.
sl23 wrote:

No. You don't. because you're under the impression you haven't been taken for a mug. But then you can't think that or you wouldn't have written this petition!!!

I have been taken for a mug? Does that mean that I resemble a "drinking mug" for Tea or Coffee>?? I guess I don't understand your idiom. Wink Perhaps it's an insult?

Also, I compiled the petition because I was trying to help the community and possibly make a change. There is no reason for you to be too worried about it.

Peace
sl23

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mug ~ idiot, fool.

Hmm... You must be American... That explains a lot!
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl23 wrote:
Mug ~ idiot, fool.

Hmm... You must be American... That explains a lot!

The only 'mug' I see is SL23!
Not satisfied with attacking the forum members sl23 has moved on to insulting whole Nations now. Anyone who thinks all members of any nation are idiots is obviously a fu**ing idiot themselves.
You've revealed your hand so many times now.
Give it up brother, everyone is sick of your whining.
You have stated in the past that you like the electribe, and in the same post you say your goal is to stop people from buying these units.
You also attacked everyone who doesn't share your opinion in that post.
If you spent half the time you spend online trying to trash korgs reputation on actually learning to use what you've got creatively or just sell the damn box I think you and everyone here would be more happy.
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you've deleted your prior post that I referred to ... How very American(Hillary Clinton) of you.
Don't worry, we will still remember who the 'mug' is.
You can't flush that down the 'memory hole'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: