Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Odd Screen flashing, values cycling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegoldenchild

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Odd Screen flashing, values cycling Reply with quote

This keyboard is used at the church I attend. I play guitar in the worship and have been asked to help figure out what is going on with the Triton Pro X. I guess it had some weird heavy reverb problem a while back so they initialized the keyboard, losing all the factory sounds in the process.

They figured they could just load up a factory disk and be good to go; however, the keybaord itself is just acting completely bizarre. Almost like a key is shorted out. I tried updating the OS from 2.5.0 to 2.5.3 but holding Enter and Locate while turning on doesn't actually do anything. Here are some videos showing what is happening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am comfortable tearing into it if need be.

http://s755.photobucket.com/user/goldenpc/media/Video%20May%2011%204%2030%2059%20PM_zpsgmh97upx.mp4.html

http://vid755.photobucket.com/albums/xx192/goldenpc/Video%20May%2011%204%2031%2022%20PM_zpsajjt3has.mp4
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the screen recognises when it's being pressed, but doesn't know where it's pressed. Doing a screen calibration may resolve the issue.

thegoldenchild

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to see in the video but when pressing the drop down menu button on the screen, the menu flashes for a fraction of a second.
thegoldenchild

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to recognize where I press, I was just trying to press the screen while looking through the camera
thegoldenchild

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=80283

Wow, incredibly similar problem. I don't have the manual or the keyboard in front of me, is the "value slider" labeled as such?
thegoldenchild

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaned the slider with electronic contact cleaner and compressed air, no change.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried recalibrating the screen. It's a painless process, and should do no harm. Initialising the board will have lost the existing calibration data.

ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i was a kid we use to put magnets on our TV set to make it change 'groovy' colors
needless to say it messed-up the tv.. so-as the saying go, once bitten twice shy - i would
always tell people never to leave their VCRs onto of their TV set 'cos it will messed the
picture......

For you youngins' reading this was before HDTV.

nowadays i tell people beware of heat sources : space heater (radiator) direct sunlight,
and dust. cover up your keyboard with a bedsheet or a tablecloth when it's not in use.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disassembled the unit and cleaned all the switches, pots, and sliders. That didn't help the problem but I was able to then upgrade to 2.5.3. I then reinitialized but no change. I ran a full test and the unit has two errors.

Midi Error Step 1
PCIF Error Step 1

Any thoughts on how to fix them?

What's interesting is the drop-down menu in the upper right works in the test screen but just flashes and disappears in regular mode.

Here's a pic of the errors.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx192/goldenpc/Photo%20May%2020%203%2052%2010%20PM_zps2otubbrp.jpg
thegoldenchild

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a french forum that said the errors are normal if nothing is connected to the midi ports. So no lead from that.

I've read that running the full test resets the touch screen calibration, no change in behavior after running the test. I don't think I can recalibrate the screen once booted as I can't access the drop down menu in the upper right.

I've disconnected everything that wasn't necessary to boot the device and use the touch screen and it is still acting up. So, I'm leaning towards a mainboard problem. The big question will be, is it worth the $250-$300 for a used board.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegoldenchild wrote:
The big question will be, is it worth the $250-$300 for a used board.

If you're in love with your Triton and you've got years of custom programing saved on it, it might be worth it. I have mine in retirement after purchasing a K2, it took weeks to rebuild my custom combis.
thegoldenchild

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's for church and they were just using factory sounds. They only paid $500ish for it a year or so ago. I bet someone would even buy it as is for parts.
thegoldenchild

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To possibly help someone else out. It ended up being the left board (KLM-2085). I replaced it with a new board and all the problems went away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: