Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Philip Rees Midi Merge 2 Manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Philip Rees Midi Merge 2 Manual Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the place to post, but I am trying to find a copy of the manual for a Philip Rees midi merge 2 unit. I bought the unit from Ebay, but it did not come with a manual (my mistake). Don't want to return it as I need a midi merge unit.
Can any of you Forum members help, or nudge me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Chris
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A manual isn't really necessary as these units have nothing in the way of options.

The MIDI out from each MIDI source needs to go into the MIDI ins on the MM2, and the MIDI out(s) go to the destination device. Power is derived from one of the MIDI inputs and the LED should illuminate when there is power. The LED dims when there is data.

The product leaflet has some additional description that might be useful, such as using MIDI port 1 for SysEx connections:

www.philrees.co.uk/products/dox/merginfo.pdf

chelsea4023

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Voip,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I wired my system up using the Midi Merge 2 and three midi cables. The result being that I cannot get it to work properly. Apparently the manual is quite detailed and has examples of different setups.
Currently I'm at a brick wall because nothing works. Having the manual might, and I say might solve my problem. Apparently, which order you switch everything on can have an effect on the Midi Merge 2. There may be something I have not done that is causing the problem.
I'll keep searching and hopefully something will come up.

Personally, I cannot believe Philip Rees does not have pdf manuals on it's website for download. They have pretty much everything else on there (even though they ceased trading years ago).

Thanks anyway for taking the time to post, it's much appreciated.

Chris
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: