Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue Power Adapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Minilogue Power Adapter Reply with quote

Hello, I lost my minilogue power supply after bringing it out to a rehearsal with some guys... or at least I think so. After searching everywhere, I gave up and ordered this one on Amazon: https://amzn.com/B01B7OVL50

Thing is it looks a lot like another adapter I have, except that one says 5V on it and doesn't say Korg anywhere, yet the Minilogue itself says 9V and I thought the original power adapter said "Korg" on it... can someone who has the OEM adapter tell me what markings are on it?

Thanks in advance!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Minilogue power requirements are 9V, 1A, with a centre positive power connector. Using a 5V supply is not recommended.

Cenobite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg KA350 AC 100v 50-50hz DC 9V - 1.7A

Input 100-240v

Output 1.7A

Mine is a UK one.
colbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both. Do you know if it is ok to use a standard guitar effects pedal 9v power supply (e.g. I-spot)? Also I am concerned about loss of resale value from not having the OEM adapter... is it possible to buy the original part from Korg?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effects pedals generally use centre negative connectors so, as supplied, the I-spot won't work. The connector polarity would need to be reversed.

Rooftree

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late reply here, but I wanted to add more information for people who might dredge this thread up through a search engine.

Guitar pedal power supply plugs are almost always 2.1 x 5.5 mm. The plug size for KA-350 compatible synths is completely different. And as voip mentioned, the polarity is reversed.

The official Korg power supply is the KA-350. This is what's provided in the box with the minilogue and monologue, and all Volcas. It's also used with over a dozen other Korg products.

There are lots of people selling knock-off power supplies at lower prices than the KA-350. But be careful, a significant amount of them use a slightly undersized barrel plug. This incorrect barrel plug size will often work when plugged directly into Korg products. This is because the PCB mounted inlet jack has a special design that makes it tolerant of undersized plugs. But daisy chain cables are designed differently and they won't work with undersized barrel plugs. Your best bet is to either buy the KA-350 or buy a power supply that you know for certain is exactly the correct size.

SHAMELESS PLUG: I sell a discount power supply that has exactly the same size plug as the KA-350. It's guaranteed to fit the daisy chain cable that I also sell. Check them out at www.kvgear.com.
aka joey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the size of the barrel plug Korg uses on the KA-350?
aka joey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind. Found it. 1.70mm
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rooftree didn't pay me to say this: that power supply + plug squid combo is a godsend! I power a Monotribe, Volca FM and my new Monologue off one and it does exactly what it should and pays for itself if you have 2+ recent Volca/analogue korg products. Highly recommended!
slug

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casio AD95 adapter works fine too and is lower price here - also with a right angle plug on it so looks nicer used with Volcas.
sutekh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A related question- the Minilogue and Kross seem to use the same power adaptor. All the numbers printed on them match up, so is that a standard Korg power cable that would be safe for either keyboard?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Kross and Minilogue use the KA350. A pretty standard adapter for several Korg products, but NOT all!
Some devices require another one (other voltage or polarity). So don't mix them if you're not sure, because you may end up with a fried board.

See http://www.korg.com/us/products/accessories/ac_adapter/.

Bye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: