Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change Mode, Bank and Program via MIDI at once

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Change Mode, Bank and Program via MIDI at once Reply with quote

Hello together,

i would like to change mode, bank and program at once via an external MIDI matrix controller as one action on my X-50.

I have tried to switch the mode (between combi and prog.) via sysEx - it works fine.
I have also tried to switch bank and program on the same way, it works fine.
But when I try to send the MIDI bytes for change mode and bank and program as one single data block, so the x-50 changes only the mode. If I send the same data for second time to the device, then are bank and program also changed.

Please help me, what can I do to change everything with on single action.

Ralf
Ralf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Change Mode, Bank and Program via MIDI at once Reply with quote

Ralf wrote:
Hello together,

i would like to change mode, bank and program at once via an external MIDI matrix controller as one action on my X-50.

I have tried to switch the mode (between combi and prog.) via sysEx - it works fine.
But when I try to send the MIDI bytes for change mode and bank and program as one single data block, so the x-50 changes only the mode. If I send the same data for second time to the device, then are bank and program also changed.

Ralf

The problem is now solved, the official german korg support have had an idea. I have inserted on my midi controller a short break between system exclusive and programm changes. That's all - now it works fine Smile
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry nobody here was able to help you before you found the answer. These midi timing issues are rather difficult to detect and diagnose because they can be very intermittent problems with strange behavior.

I've used the free MIDI-OX software to diagnose these problems in the past. It allows you to monitor the responses that gear send back from midi sysex commands, so that you can detect when a sysex is ignored or rejected when the proper response isn't received or an error is returned. There should be a result returned from every command sent to the Korg gear, so you should be able to match up every command to a response. If a response is missing, then you've got a timing issue.

Another way to solve this problem is not to insert delays, but instead to wait for the appropriate response from each command sent before sending the next one. It's more efficient to use the command/response event model instead of blindly sending commands with timing delays because the device will take longer to process some commands compared to others.
Roberto72

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Change Mode, Bank and Program via MIDI at once Reply with quote

Dear Ralf,
I have same problem: X50 do not respond to multiple MIDI presets.
My midi controller is "Set List Maker" but it seems that its delay setting do not solve the problem. If I send manually each midi message (switch mode and change sound) it works, if I try to send the sequence in automatic mode I have to made several times in order to close the loop. Is there any change to insert the "time delay" directly on sysex command line?
thanks.

Roberto

Ralf wrote:
Ralf wrote:
Hello together,

Ralf

The problem is now solved, the official german korg support have had an idea. I have inserted on my midi controller a short break between system exclusive and programm changes. That's all - now it works fine Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: