Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roland 909 day is September 9th 33 products to drop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl23 wrote:
Ironic that all you korg fanboys are harping on about roland gear!
Im happy with my esx1. Es2 has nothing to offer. Korg no longer have anything to offer. No matter how you look at it, however much you want to deny it, korg are a s**t company.

MS 20 mini
Korg ARP odyssey desktop
Volca line complete
Minilog
Gadget
iM1
And, at least IMO blue E2

Just to name a few, Korg is killing it, you are an idiot!
sl23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, fanboy!
jpeg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo minilogue is the best thing korg have done for a long time; the volca are cheap and cheerful but they are not great bits of kits but good bang for buck cheap units.
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpeg wrote:
imo minilogue is the best thing korg have done for a long time; the volca are cheap and cheerful but they are not great bits of kits but good bang for buck cheap units.

What the Minilogue and Volcas have in common though: they are not replicas of old gear. They are something „new”. Or old with a modern twist if you will.

At least Korg is not living in the past, and you don't have to be a „fanboy” to get to that conclusion.
sl23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpeg wrote:

Exactly... money making toys!
NickZoll

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpeg wrote:

I don't get why people so exited about minilogue. Yes, it is analog, it is polyphonic, but it does not sound good to my ears, System 1 is more flexible and it does sound analog despite it is digital.

Concerning these new boutiques, tr09, well I don't get what was the point, nobody uses pure 909 sounds with no digital effects, come on it is 2016 already. E2 looks like much better investment. Tb03... Hm tb3 can give you much more. They claim they released tb03 for purists, don't think purists are interested in digital toys.
jpeg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZoll wrote:
jpeg wrote:

I don't get why people so exited about minilogue. Yes, it is analog, it is polyphonic, but it does not sound good to my ears, System 1 is more flexible and it does sound analog despite it is digital.

come on it is 2016 already. E2 looks like much better investment. Tb03... Hm tb3 can give you much more.

I think ur right e2 is better than the tr909 as far as overall value.

but the whole its 2016 argument can apply to the volca range; why dont they make more advanced units than that.

the minlogue its a combination of things and the overall package; like compare the build quality of the minilogue to system 1? also the user interface and it can get some smoother fresher tone and some vintage sounds.
sl23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpeg wrote:

but the whole its 2016 argument can apply to the volca range; why dont they make more advanced units than that.

Exactly! Because korg aren't interested in giving people great tools, only in making money. Fair enough, that's how any company survives, by making money I mean. But by disrespecting their customers?! At least Roland are attempting to give their customers what they want and their products aren't crippled by bugs and lack features.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl23 wrote:
jpeg wrote:

Exactly! Because korg aren't interested in giving people great tools, only in making money. Fair enough, that's how any company survives, by making money I mean. But by disrespecting their customers?! At least Roland are attempting to give their customers what they want and their products aren't crippled by bugs and lack features.

Agree, Roland guys do not make many os updates but each of the is like a party! Not like korg made tonns of updates for e2 already with description like minor bugs were fixed.
Aira line us just very cool, no words.
Concerning minilogue, I don't know what to say....yes it may sound vintage or modern,but I feellike this synth does not have character, personality. Even cheaper minibrute and microbrute have their personalities. But have to admit that some of minilogues features are nice.
jpeg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZoll wrote:
sl23 wrote:
jpeg wrote:

Agree, Roland guys do not make many os updates but each of the is like a party! Not like korg made tonns of updates for e2 already with description like minor bugs were fixed.
Aira line us just very cool, no words.
Concerning minilogue, I don't know what to say....yes it may sound vintage or modern,but I feellike this synth does not have character, personality. Even cheaper minibrute and microbrute have their personalities. But have to admit that some of minilogues features are nice.

far as the minilogue characters it is smooth and somewhat neutral as far as it being more of a chameleon in that can go in either direction of sound.
bladuck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZoll wrote:

I have to agree with you Nick2all. A while ago a person on this forum complained that E2 has THIN sound/filters etc. Well, I own a lot of korg gear and you really need to "work it" to get good sound... That applies to Electribes, some volcas all way to a kronos workstation. Don’t get me wrong i Love korg

I really wanted to dig the Minilogue but like king-korg and some other recent korg products But I guess I’d pick Novation Mini over minilogue any time. The matrix makes novation very flexible.

Also Roland seems to me to make "ready-to-go" gear. For live jams the roland interface/controls are more rewarding. Currently I dig Jp-08 .. such a FAT sound directly from box without tweaking.
crossby

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh boy. This is really exciting. I'm hoping they release a new sampler because the sp404sx is dated AF and the clunky interface and lack of midi clock functionality really need to be updated.
royal1688
That and I'm hoping they release a new workstation so that They drop the price on the FA06 Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: