Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush or Kerry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you vote for?
Bush
27%
 27%  [ 9 ]
Kerry
54%
 54%  [ 18 ]
None of the above
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 33

Odinmoon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Much to do about nothing

I don't think that this poll or any poll will give an answer to the final outcome. Nobody said that it did. But at least it entertained a few people.
Also I was more looking for international opinion. But it appears that some people have a problem with that. None have been hurt in this post.
Also in an off the topic post. What should we talk about??? please post a list of subjects. And I will stick to that protocol. Even Bush made a statement on who he would like to see remain in Australian Govt. Laughing

regards Terry
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although many native Americans quote Bush as being "pro-American", whatever that's supposed to imply, I actually think Bush is doing a collosal diservice to the American people.

I think many American civilians are actually oblivious as to how the whole of the rest of the world perceives their government (no fault lies with the civilians, but the American media certainly doesn't help). And for those who can't understand it fully, it has an unfortunate direct consequential spin-off - a disliked perception of 'America' as a whole. Tarred with the same brush, etc..
At an especially sensitive time, where the American goverment is probably at the most disliked point yet, as perceived by non-Americans on the world-stage, Bush is compounding the problem by actually 'isolating' America totally away from the rest of the world furthermore, and is continuing to do so. IMHO, that can't be a good thing, surely.

Most of us can see the wood through the trees, and don't tarr the rest of America with the actions of the American goverment, and we very much enjoy being amongst American civvies, but, to the Americans, you have to realise your government is doing a massive diservice to you and your fellow natives on the world stage.

Last edited by Timo on Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
McHale

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so sad....

My point is, other countries aren't going to hope for a president that's best for America, they're going to hope for what's best for their own country. I don't expect France or Germany or Russia to want a US President that won't put up with their crap. They want a push over like Kerry. That's why it's irrelevent what some other country thinks. They aren't going to want what's best for America. They're like the UN - anti-American unless it's our products or entertainment.

-Mc
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a Brit ... I don't fully understand the American political system and I wonder just how much difference will it make if Kerry gets in; considering that the senate currently has a Republican majority and would continue to after the presidential elections.

How about this whole situation with Governor McGreevey here in the state of New Jersey ... what the hell is going on there ? Most confusing !

Daz.
Odinmoon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't expect France or Germany or Russia to want a US President that won't put up with their crap.
One thing I noticed about this poll. The Kerry supporters seem to be more polite. And less paranoid. And what Crap are we talking about here. I like most Americans when I meet them. But there are some with a big chip on their shoulder. There are some that think that American policies are always right. But the rest of the worlds policies are crap. And if we don't blindly follow the Americans then we are Commies. Or we hate Americans. Like you are either with us or against us. Reminds me more of a mafia speech. That's very black and white with no other shades of colour. Just the statement is very narrow minded. To me Bush is a very narrow minded person for even making such a statement.
And we in Australia have our own Bush puppets such as our PM. I would like to know who elected America as the worlds Sheriff. I didn't. And as for the above Quote. What crap do we have to put up with from the Americans.? I know that most Americans have a good heart. And they have given plenty to the world. I'm not anti American. I'm anti tall poppy syndrome. Here is another bit of hypocrisy Iraq fighters are called Terrorists. Chechnya Fighters are called freedom fighters. Russians in Afghanistan are called invaders Americans in Afghanistan call themselves liberators. I think that there is something wrong with this picture. Even that boycott on so called French fries. They were invented in Belgium. Not France. Laughing Before you boycott a product please do a little research.

Regards Terry
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:

My point is, other countries aren't going to hope for a president that's best for America.

If this is the fact, why would I like to see Bill Clinton in the driverseat again?

McHale wrote:
They aren't going to want what's best for America. They're like the UN - anti-American unless it's our products or entertainment.

A small correction here; The UN is NOT anti-american. America is anti-UN. USA have been encouraged to join the UN, however the american government has rejected such a proposal, and don't want to recognize the work and authority of the UN.

No matter how the election goes, I think that the USA will act as world-police, excerting it's powers onto other nations, no matter what the world opinion believe to be right.
There is always two ways to solve a problem; the wrong way and the US-way.

My new rock-band
My new duo's homepage - mostly in norwegian, but give it a go
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale- I disagree with your comments about other countries.

Daz, the US president has a huge influence/power on future policy, war making decisions, choosing federal judges, influencing the American population, and launching specific ideology such as anti abortion and anti gay marriage.

In regards to our Congress, they have done a poor job in balancing the
power of a President. Look at the mess and the incredible cost of the war. And think about the $454 billion dollar deficit, with more to follow.
There are numerous domestic issues that are being starved and ignored. I find this destructive.
I believe our Congress needs to develop independant thought and action
based on facts vs ideology and getting re-elected. Surely there are members that speak out like this but we need more of this.
marcdeben

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Being from Massachusettes and have seen Mr. Kerry for abouts 20 years, the man is not worthy of your vote. He talks out both sides of his mouth on just about every issue you can think of. He stands for something today and the next day he is against it. Massachusettes has the highest taxes of just about any state in the US. Nick name Taxachusettes. He votes for every tax increase there is, except to support our armed forces.(very Sad). Please do not let the media tell you otherwise. I've lived hear and have seen it every day. Most of you have not. If he becomes Commander and Chief, we will have taxes up to 50% of our income!!!
Terrorism will continue at an alarming rate. You saw what happened to those poor children in Russia. This must stop! Strengh and a free sociaty in the middle east IMO is the only way to defeat these extremests.
Please my friend, do some research before casting this very important vote, in this most important time.
Peace to all!
Marc
cnegrad
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz wrote:
How about this whole situation with Governor McGreevey here in the state of New Jersey ... what the hell is going on there ? Most confusing !

Daz, here's the McGreevey situation in a nutshell:

When he first went public with his "resignation", he said it was because he was secretly homosexual, and that his secret male lover was trying to blackmail him by threatening to "out" him to the world. He said that he was going to resign because he felt his office was compromised by these circumstances. However, all or most of this "explanation" is a smokescreen.

The truth is that McGreevey is using his homosexuality to try to cover the fact that he had secretly hired his lover to be New Jersey's head of Homeland Security; a job that the lover was neither trained to hold, nor did he have the national security clearance to hold. And he was making a very comfortable salary on top of it.

One would think that the extent of this scandal would make him shrink into hiding wouldn't it? But that hasn't been the case.

1) He's being held up as a gay icon, as "the first openly gay governor". This of course is pathetic. What good is it to be known as the first gay Governor if you're being held in disdain for your actions?
2) No one in primarily Democratic NJ seems to be asking him to leave, or be making a big fuss about any of this.
3) There are a slew of behind-the-scenes "bosses" who are the real power behind NJ poliitcs, and they're Democratic. So they're perfectly willing to look the other way if McGreevey can get away with it, and he sems to be doing just that.
4) Democrats (both at the national & state level) are afraid that if McGreevey leaves his office, that it will leave his seat vulnerable to being taken over by Republicans.

'Aint NJ politics wonderful? Shocked

So that's everything that's coming into play with McGreevey. Hope this clarifies things for you...

Our Jazz CD: The Deanna Jones Orchestra: "Very First Dance"
http://www.deannajones.com

Our Christian CD: Jacob's Journey: "A Feather In His Hand"
http://www.jacobsjourney.com
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks cnegrad ... now that makes a lot more sense ! He had heard the various parts of this story piecemeal and it didn't make a lot of sense.

Daz.
mikee72
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "we" have some explaining to do. While I can't speak for all of my countrymen, I think it's fair to say the majority of us feel that neither candidate is worthy of the presidency and that this election is a "lesser-of-two-evils" situation. On one hand, we have Kerry, who many people feel doesn't have the balls to do what is necessary to protect the country, and on the other, Bush, who has no problem with making mostly wrong decisions lately. (And yes, I voted for him in '00) The war on terrorism, I believe, is the most divisive issue in the country right now. I believe that a large amount of those favoring Bush are doing so because they don't believe Kerry will keep us safe, and unfortunately, Kerry's voting record does little to reassure us.

We're in a sad state right now.
mikee72
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus wrote:
Well at least some of us [Kerry and Bush supporters] can conduct ourselves as adults, and for some of us , it's really not that difficult.

We all live in an International Community here at IA. Personally , whether you like either one,[Kerry or Bush] I think the broad view of someone we in US are considering as leader, is a welcomed point of view. I know for a fact that though Prime Minister Tony Blair is not my leader per say, He does however effect the politics of ours. So , there you have it. As the World community grows, we all have a stake in each others leadership choices.

And that is not a Bad thing. Don't let the comments of a few stop us from sharing good ideas. Even though I'm for Bush, and seemed to be outnumbered in this view, I respect my comrads of other convictions "And" different "Homelands"!

Odinmoon said it right, We should be glad we can Vote, so where ever your society alows for that, excercise that right! Best of luck in your upcomming elections.

Excellent post, Marcus. If the people of the world had more personal interaction with each other as we do here at IA, we'd realize just how much we have in common.
McHale

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikee72 wrote:
While I can't speak for all of my countrymen, I think it's fair to say the majority of us feel that neither candidate is worthy of the presidency and that this election is a "lesser-of-two-evils" situation.

nope. you don't speak for anyone but yourself. They said the same thing about Reagan who ended the cold war and was "going to get us all killed in WWIII." He won his second term with all but 3 votes. Bush will do the same.

The president of the United State's main job is to defend America. 9-11 proved that's what he is doing. We know what he will do if it ever happens again. When Clinton was in the white house, that stuff happened several times and he was even offeren Osama on a silver platter. We see he didn't do anything worth while against the war on terrorism.

You have the likes of criminals like Teddy Kennedy (how many people *CAN* you kill and still stay out of prison? Ask a Kennedy) speaking for John Kerry, who's wife's company has 57 out of 61 Heinz factories over seas to escape taxes and her worthless husband who introduced bills to make that happen (yet criticizes republicans for allowing that to happen). Together they have the most liberal voting record in history as well as Kerry saying we need to spend as much money as possible in Iraq to win than saying we shouldn't spend anything in Iraq than saying he voted for the war before voting against it. WHAT?!?!? We know both of these guys won't defend America like Bush has or Bush will.

I can't think of someone that would defend America better than George Bush. He's kept America safe and the poll numbers reflect it.

Bush is going to win in 04. Like it or not, it's going to happen and Kerry isn't going to come close. Why do you think the republicans have done nothing buy gain seats in the house and senate since Clinton was elected? Because Daschle and Edwards and people like that are looking out for special interest groups and liberal fringe groups. They don't represent America or the people they are supposed to represent.

I'm proud of Bush. Even more so since countries like France and Germany hate him. Shows he's doing a good job.

I'm pro America and I don't give a rats a$$ if other countries like the US or not. These countries who rip on us are the first to stick a hand out or ask for help when they need it. (cough cough France). Call it whatever you want but we're the world's babysitter because we have to be, not because we want to be.

I'm not one of those blame America guys so don't expect me to make excuses for saving the world from Russia, the Nazi's and protecting France over and over. How about this? You guys from all your non-US countries - pay us what you owe us and we'll pull out our troops and you can defend yourselves from now on. Oh yah, don't forget to stop trying to move here.

Of course, most of us don't think that way and I'm sure a couple of you will take it out of context. But I don't care. I love living in America and I know it's the best country there is. We have opportunity. We have the chance to succeed. We don't have a government where women are property and can be killed. We don't support blowing up a bus to make a statement. We have music. We have movies. We won the Olympics again. It's great here.

God bless America.
Odinmoon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Yea Yea good luck Smile
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odinmoon wrote:
Yea Yea Yea good luck Smile

We'll need it.

The arrogancy is, well, shocking. Shocked Nothing anyone will say will influence a certain percentage in any way, they're in their own bubble and don't want to get out and have a look around. Guess it's like the BNP Nazi-type regime over here. Allegedly "defending" their own country, etc., without knowing it to do more damage than good.

BTW, McHale, I take it Bush has made a resounding success of the Iraqi war (sorry, when was the war alleged to have been "officially" over, again? And how many people have been killed since)? The anihilation of Afghanistan, and found Osama bin laden? Rendered the United Nations world peace-keeping foundation "irrelevant"? Treated captives with complete respect to the Geneva convention? Found the alleged WMD (ie. the only reason the American Government put forward to the public, to go to war)? Made the USA a greener, more energy-efficient, environmentally friendly, and less of a pollutant-potent infested millstone to the rest of the world? ....I could go on, and on.

I guess so long as at least you have a burger in one hand, and a playstation or TV remote glued to the other (tuned to Fox News, naturally), you couldn't give a crap.

BTW, I guess you know, having the same arrogant pro-American and "couldn't give a rat's ass to anyone else" mindset, that 2/3rds of all Brits killed in the Iraqi war were actually killed by Americans, in so-called "friendly-fire"? Guess Bush's "Bull at a gate" analogy didn't apply here. [/irony]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: