Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing in RT/Karma tab

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dommel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Editing in RT/Karma tab Reply with quote

Hello all, i wanted to ask this question a long time ago, but anyway never is late. When i try to edit a program under RT/Karma tab of Control surface and i am talking specifically about Real time knobs (Filter cuttoff etc) , when i finish my edits and write the program, my edits are not saved. Is there any way to save the edits of real time knobs?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to an initialized HD-1 program and entered Control surface tab and the RT/karma side tab. I edited all the knobs and did a "write program".
Everything saved. I changed to the next prgram and then back and everything saved was the same as i had saved it to be.

Go to Global and check your memory protect, be sure it is off. If it is on you will not be able to save any edits at all.

I found a similar issue to yours when someone brought it up on the forum here. It was SGX sound engine for premium piano like Berlin grand. The knob 5 set to attack control was not saving.

Try various synth engines to see if its the same. I just got it to work in HD-1 but had limits in SGX before. Not every synth engine is the same throughout the parameters.
If you cannot get it to save in any synth engine while memory protect is off, try shuting off and restarting the workstation.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are expecting the knobs settings to be retained, I believe it does not work this way. For example, if you turn Knob 1 Filter Cutoff up to 80, and store the program, what happens is the filter cutoff is adjusted within the program to equal that +80 setting. When you come back to the program, it will sound the same as when you left it, but the filter cutoff knob will now be at center again. In other words, the knobs are offsets into the program parameters; when you store the program, it incorporates those offsets into the sound and the knobs are reset.

At least, that's how I remember it. I'm typing this outside on the patio from memory. Smile

dommel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
I just went to an initialized HD-1 program and entered Control surface tab and the RT/karma side tab. I edited all the knobs and did a "write program".
Everything saved. I changed to the next prgram and then back and everything saved was the same as i had saved it to be.

Go to Global and check your memory protect, be sure it is off. If it is on you will not be able to save any edits at all.

I found a similar issue to yours when someone brought it up on the forum here. It was SGX sound engine for premium piano like Berlin grand. The knob 5 set to attack control was not saving.

Try various synth engines to see if its the same. I just got it to work in HD-1 but had limits in SGX before. Not every synth engine is the same throughout the parameters.
If you cannot get it to save in any synth engine while memory protect is off, try shuting off and restarting the workstation.

Hello thanks for your answer. Just came back from holidays and i did some tests. No, there is no protect mode in global and i cannot get it still to work. Every other change i make (for instance in Karma GE, or tone adj etc ) is saved, but still no edits in Real Time knobs
dommel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:

Hello thanks for your answer. Just came back from holidays and i did some tests. No, there is no protect mode in global and i cannot get it still to work. Every other change i make (for instance in Karma GE, or tone adj etc ) is saved, but still no edits in Real Time knobs
dommel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
If you are expecting the knobs settings to be retained, I believe it does not work this way. For example, if you turn Knob 1 Filter Cutoff up to 80, and store the program, what happens is the filter cutoff is adjusted within the program to equal that +80 setting. When you come back to the program, it will sound the same as when you left it, but the filter cutoff knob will now be at center again. In other words, the knobs are offsets into the program parameters; when you store the program, it incorporates those offsets into the sound and the knobs are reset.

At least, that's how I remember it. I'm typing this outside on the patio from memory. Smile

Hello Stephen and thanks for your reply. I cannot get what do you mean. If i want to edit the cutoff frequency of a program and save it to a new user program why it is not keeping the cutoff i ordered? And how practically can i achieve that?
dommel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

Hello Stephen and thanks for your reply. I cannot get what do you mean. If i want to edit the cutoff frequency of a program and save it to a new user program why it is not keeping the cutoff i ordered? And how practically can i achieve that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: