Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KingKorg recieving MIDI (Editor)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larholk

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: KingKorg recieving MIDI (Editor) Reply with quote

Hi
I don't know if this question should go to the guys @SoundTower or if this is a Korg Question. Anyway I am hoping someone else in the small KingKorg Community could give me some answers. (The SoundTower people don't seem to be eager to give support)

I'm trying out there software (DemoMode) and it looks fantastic. I can edit stuff on the synth and I see the changes on the Comp. Screen so it really looks like MIDI is working... BUT... Trying to change on the Editor interface nothing is transmitted to the synth!?

On the left pane I can change instrument, and those changes affect KK but nothing else?

I followed every videoguide they had. I am using USB only (Which they say would work). And I am on a MAC Yosemite.

Is there anybody out there who could enlighten me?
Thanks // Anders
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

If you do a change of instrument on the left panel, does your KK really change its sound as well? If that is the case, then your MIDI setup is really ok in both directions.
Once more cross check that the sysex filter is enabled (but I guess this is ok, because editing on the synth causes an update of the editor...)

Did you try to change a parameter in the editor while keep hitting a note key and listen to whether the sound changes? Start maybe with parameters that for sure will alter the sound, like the amp level of timbre A. Some less obvious parameter may not immediately affect your sound depending on the setup of the current patch. What you can also try is to bring up the parameter that you change in the editor in the display of the KK and look whether its value changes, when you do changes in the editor.

Bye
Pcx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, am having the same as u , could this be a demo limitation perhaps? Already asked this at soundtower support,but it seems very hard to get an answer from them, only had the kk for 2 weeks, so it might be an error from me, but ive also followed their guide, i just can switch presets from the editor.
This is on windows with usb connection
Pcx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been in touch with the people of soundtower and this is indeed a demo limitation, so the registered version is now working well:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: