Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New K3+ and KoPro+ Firmware

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillwilson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: New K3+ and KoPro+ Firmware Reply with quote

Im surprised no one has posted yet about the new KP3+ firmware, apparently it increases the accuracy of the midi clock tracking.

has anyone used it yet? results?

also , I have the older KP3 ( non + ) can anyone tell if we can use or hack this file to upload to our regular KP's?
totsamiy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very good news! Surprised I hope that non + KP update will be released too
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ Surprised)
Thanks PhilWilson .
ammanuel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I some one explain to me what are the improvements with the new update of the firmware ( midi tracking?... Is to mean that midi clock is being received accurately?)

Would love to upgrade my kp but it seems to be in sync with the master midi outputs.

Thank you
mijaba

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anybody send a link for the firmware update? the link on the KORG site seems to error out. Thanks!
EDIT!!
Thanks anyway-- a "refresh" seems to clear up the error!
boreg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this thread by accident, was very excited and wondering why this isn't celebrated all over the web - I mean, if sampled loops finally sync correctly with external MIDI clock, this is a huge deal!

However, after installing the update, I didn't notice much improvement in that area - sampled audio still gradually drifts from MIDI clock. So I wonder, what was fixed then? And what are your experiences after the update?
mijaba

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Boreg-- I think it just syncs the KP's clock with midi better-- the samples themselves are dependent on their individual lengths, settings, etc.
They might still need to be stretched or squashed to make the length equal to 1 bar at 120bpm, for example.
HERE are a bunch of calculators to help you adjust your samples to match the midi clock:
http://mp3.deepsound.net/eng/samples_calculs.php
boreg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply mijaba.

Unfortunately, sample length calculator won't help for my intended application. I use MPC1000 as master sequencer, it plays drums and sequences various synths. Ideally, it should be possible to capture loops live and keep them playing in sync with the rest - but apparently, in KP the audio playback is not locked to the MIDI clock (here's my report of the issue on this forum). I was hoping Korg fixed this...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: