Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to protect User Banks ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
atron2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: How to protect User Banks ? Reply with quote

I have a few favorite sound and styles that i like to keep, but when I load another style or sound from USB, the preferred ones are deleted. I want to merge them or protect the old ones...it's possible?
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead load entire bank (user), try load single style separately with controlling where needed to be load.
Same apply to sounds.
Before maybe you want organize existing (Users Styles, Sounds), swap them using Copy/Paste option. Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
atron2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeap, but in SET's with hundred styles an sounds, is not an easy job...Anyway, in Factory Banks there are many unused locations that cannot be write, with all protections disabled, and I don't know why. But would be nice that in the future upgrades of OS to have possibilities to write in that locations and protect some FAVORITE and USER sounds and styles.
MamieNova

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use free slots in factory styles banks after disabling the protection in Global/Mode Preferences / Media

You can not write in free slots in factory sounds banks.

Nemik solution is the good one. Believe me, it can be fast when you know what you want to do and with a bit of organization. First define which styles you want to keep and how you want them organized in the banks, then it's a matter of minutes with the touch screen. Don't forget that you can copy-paste several slots at the same time with SHIFT.
atron2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have one sound on USB-Zeta Flajeolet.set. I have no option to choose the location to import. It's automatically write USER 1 - P1, and delete all I had in that bank. When i try to load another set, (BONUS SET-from korg) same situation...it delete everything i had before. I tried to move them to FAVORITE locations, but when i load another set, it overwrite all the favorites...WTF ???? . I cannot protect nothing that i want to keep. Next, tried to load sets and sounds one by one, and i realize that i have a big mess...Sets without proper sounds, empty STS, etc etc. I'm tired...All i need is to keep together a collection of sounds and sets, from different sources that i like, nothing else.
atron2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I managed to import some sound and styles in favourite locations...but one by one...Thanks. Always is something to learn...Smile
MamieNova

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other solution is Korg PA Manager software, but it's not free.
atron2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i know about Pa manager but would be nice that korg offer more control in user banks in software OS.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atron2005 wrote:
Yes, i know about Pa manager but would be nice that korg offer more control in user banks in software OS.

They already did. Wink
Get Korg Pa4x and you will have nice option to organize your set using Direct Access, loading your sets from USB drive.
Korg Pa600 is create for users can't or won't spent 4k $, is for reason stripped and disable many option, for money you paid you got a lot compare to value.
If you feeling like you need more, maybe you should concern to upgrade for at least Pa3x.
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
atron2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because PA600 is cheapper then PA3 or 4x, can't deserve an upgrade? I don't ask for fancy stuff like in PA4, just minor things, bugs issues, small improvement etc. Korg do that for PA300 bringing a lot's of new features. PA600 is not perfect, check forums...Smile and since 2014 there are plenty of things to improve.
About "pa600 is to good for money you paid" i disagree. For me it's not so good since USB driver don't work for PA600 on win7 systems, midi implementations doesn't have support. (I have my reasons not to do upgrade to win 10...).
My Conclussion: I paid money for things that are in PA600 but can not use them...so as it is "professional" at all?
And because am not a professional musician it's not worth for me to upgrade to PA4 or PA3...anyway it's out of topic but hey...Everyone here is passionate about music.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: