Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Save Combination without overwrite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwissTom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Save Combination without overwrite Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have a Triton 2.0.2 (about 15 Years old). Is it possible to create a new Combination-Name? I mean: I can make an own combination, but I can only save it to an existing combination-name (actually I can write my own name for the combination but the place of the other combination will be taken to save it), means: I will overwrite this other Combination when I save my own.
I think it's stupid to overwrite all the other combinations when I make my owns.

I've also tried to save only to the disc choosing "Save all" (in the disc menu) but my new combination isn't saved on the disc.

I hope you can help me.

Best regards from Switzerland.

Tom
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scroll through your Combis and find one that you have no use for, maybe you just don't like it. Remember its location. Then after you create your Combi, copy it to that location. The crummy Combi will be overwritten by the one you created.
SwissTom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, but I already know this. My question was, if it's possible without overwriting a combi that already exists.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a single "User Slot" combi at Combi location D127 which is presumably essentially a free slot and could be used. Apart from that, it is not possible, and Save All will only save the Combi if it has been written to a Combi slot. There are 512 Combi slots in the Triton and all have been populated by something, so one of them will have to be overwritten, as per Falcon2e's suggestion. There are no "Init Combi" type "free" slots available in the Triton, nor any known hack to extend the available number of Combis. The only way to "fix" this would be to overwrite an existing slot with the new Combi and do a Save All, to disk, under a different name, then there will be a choice to load the factory defaults from disk, or the defaults with your new Combi. Alternatively, use something like PCG Tools to manage the Combis. The Triton is supported.

In contrast, the Kronos has loads of "Init Combi" slots. Over 1400 of them. Go get a Kronos!! ;-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: