Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roland BK-7M

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Roland BK-7M Reply with quote

Has anyone used the Roland BK-7M with a PA4X
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used one with Nord Stage 2 but can't think of why I would use it with my PA4X.
It is a medium quality arranger module and does have some nice features (similar to Korg's) but it is in a different category in terms of quality.
Its sounds are OK but far from the same class as Korg.

How were you thinking of using it with the PA4X?

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BK7m is only medicore quallity, it does not add much to the pa4x if anything..

If you want to add the aroland sound, the integra7 module would be a very nice way..

If you want to add arranger functionallity, the Ketron SD40 module is the only thing that would actually add something to the pa4x..
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bachus

Speak to me more (please) about the SD40

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: BK-7M Reply with quote

In reply to the comments I also play Guitar and Sing so primarily I was just going to use it as an independent backing device while playing guitar or singing. I was just curious as to how it sits with the PA4X in terms of compatibility and sound.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: BK-7M Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
In reply to the comments I also play Guitar and Sing so primarily I was just going to use it as an independent backing device while playing guitar or singing. I was just curious as to how it sits with the PA4X in terms of compatibility and sound.
I am surprised that its described as medium quality as it appears to have great reviews everywhere and still costs a lot of money. That being said its now discontinued and its almost impossible to get an FC-7 Foot Controller in the UK. (Anyone got one?)
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: BK-7M Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:

Take a look at the ketron MidJPro... For guitar players this is a dream come true... Same high emd soundquallity as the SD40, yet with more features for guitar players, including a whole effects chain..
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hi Bachus

Speak to me more (please) about the SD40

Thanks

Pete Very Happy

Incredible box....
-less then 2 kg
-7" touchscreen with very friendly user interface
-perfect for adding styles to an accordeon, synth, organ, workstation ( anything that does not have styles)
- best sounding styles available (even better then the pa4x) my personal experience
-great sets of sounds, very very usefull
- top knotch midi/song player..

Yet still when you have a pa4x, i dont see any reason why anyone would love to add even more styles to it.. As the pa4x styles come very close..

However if you have only a Kronos, and want to add some styles to it for live gigs, this 2kg weighting unit is the way to go...

My verdict over this SD40 unit, if it had multipads, it would have been near to perfect ...
rockola

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: BK-7M Reply with quote

Quote:
I am surprised that its described as medium quality as it appears to have great reviews everywhere and still costs a lot of money. That being said its now discontinued and its almost impossible to get an FC-7 Foot Controller in the UK. (Anyone got one?)

I have a BK-7M, a Roland stand and an FC-7 foot controller. The BK-7M hasn't been discontinued although the FC-7 is no longer produced.

For the price, I think it's pretty good but, obviously, not in the same league as the PA4X. I paid £500 for the BK "new" and £49 for a used FC-7 on Ebay about two years ago. At the time, I wanted to add to the sounds and styles available to me from my PA80 and I couldn't afford a PA3x. For that outlay I got the following:-

1,000-plus sounds, 57 drum kits, 128-voice polyphony
Over 400 high-quality music styles, each with four one-touch settings
999 built-in Songbook settings with capacity to store a further 9000 to a USB storage device.
SMF and MP3 file playback via onboard USB connector
Audio recording in WAV format directly to connected USB storage device
Cover function for SMFs and Music Styles
Composite Video Out to display Lyrics and/or Chord Symbols on external display.

Having been a Korg iSeries and PA owner since the 1980's, I have found the Roland OS quite difficult to get my head around. The unit itself is quite "clunky" but is much improved by the use of the "free" BKPartner iPad app.

The BK-7M is a decent little unit which has broadened my horizons. In my opinion, it has some excellent sounds and styles but was probably designed with the midi accordionist in mind.

Don
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: BK-7M Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
mabcomp wrote:

Take a look at the ketron MidJPro... For guitar players this is a dream come true... Same high emd soundquallity as the SD40, yet with more features for guitar players, including a whole effects chain..

But the price is way way more than the BK-7M
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: BK-7M Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
Bachus wrote:
mabcomp wrote:

I did a Google search for an SD40 and also in Ebay and it found nothing.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: BK-7M Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
mabcomp wrote:
Bachus wrote:
mabcomp wrote:

I did a Google search for an SD40 and also in Ebay and it found nothing.

Its just like in real life, you get what you pay for....

https://youtu.be/zwFVnRHyrPA

The Ketron SD40 only recently released and is for sale at a select number of shops in europe and soon in the states.

https://www.thomann.de/nl/ketron_sd_40.htm?ref=search_prv_6
Elektroman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the BKM7 with my MIDI accordion for a long time. It is awesome, for a accordion player and others such as for a guitar player... Great unit.

However.
I don't see how it would benefit hooking it up to the pa3x.
Sound for sound comparo is just not there. The PA3X sounds are worlds away from the Roland unit. Yes I have had my Pa3X all along and play them through the same mixer / PA.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I do intend using it primarily for the Guitar. I just thought it may also add a lot of backings to the PA4X so theres even more choice.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: BK-7M Reply with quote

How does it work with the Guitar? Does it have to be a Midi Guitar because otherwise how do the Chords change? Does it work like a Voice Live 3?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: