Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 o electribe emx??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuzzGB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Electribe 2 o electribe emx?? Reply with quote

Hi! I ask for a advice: ita batter The nel korg electribe 2 or The older EMX ? I really like emx s synths. .But i want understand id The new electribe is better or Not. I produce tekno Music...
gizmoismogwai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you produce techno then either machine can do a lot for you. In either case you'll be accepting some limitations, which if you're looking at grooveboxes in the first place, maybe you're prepared for. I think the increased polyphony of the E2, plus its 16 controllable channels of midi make it a no brainer over the EMX but some people disagree strongly because they lean on features the EMX maybe did better. In the end it's sort of like pencil vs. pen. You can write with both, one isn't better than the other, but what is it that you need right now?

But to be honest your absolute best way to see what can be done is check youtube and ignore this forum. Just watch a ton of videos of people jamming on the devices, and then for an in depth review of the E2 you'll want to watch Tarekith's E2 review. And I think an artist called Legowelt uses the EMX a lot so you can check his videos for some use cases.
FranciscoArellano

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had both. I like both of them, but the e2 I think is superior to the emx, because of the option of assigning effects individually to each part. And the polyphony of course. Greetings!
NickZoll

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have both too. E2 sounds cleaner, has better drum samples. But... emx can do some crazy stuff that is impossible to do with e2.
sl23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have both.
Emx is better for sequencer, FX, dirty sounds, more varied synthesis and FX control.
E2 has cleaner sound, probably get much more variation of sounds despite more limited controls. But polyphony is Bollocks! I have a pattern where all 16 tracks are set to mono, only 10 tracks used, 6 of which are drums, and I'm getting really bad note stealing. I only need to mute one track to stop that from happening, but still, where's the 24 voice count????

Korg have seriously f***ed up the e2, could've been so much better, yet they ruined it for a quick buck!
WestLondoner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own the esxsd emxsd and E2, and do not regret buying the E2 in the slightest. I love working on it. Since I bought it, around a month ago, it's still been my goto machine.

One nice bonus about buying either the EMXSD or the ESXSD is that second hand values are so continually strong for both of these, that it's like keeping money in the bank just to buy either of them.
Patchirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy the emx1 and immediately install mistabishi write:read pack.
It's an album created and released entirely on the emx.
You'll hear some amazing sounds on some great tracks, which you can play around with.
It's an amazing piece of art which he didn't get enough credit for....
kofla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold may E2, and keep my 10 years old EMX.
I can´t deal with the "mysteryphony", you never know witch or when one of your voices stop playing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: