Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA1X Pro operating system and discs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gc450

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: PA1X Pro operating system and discs Reply with quote

Hi everyone
New to the forum and just acquired a PA1X which has the 2.52 operating system on it. It was my fathers but he has stopped playing now and pass it on to me. I already have a couple of keyboards a Roland G70 and Tyros. I am working my way around the Korg going slowly through the manual etc.

I have read up on the upgrade to 3.01 and have the files from the Korg site but despite buying a floppy disc to work on my laptop the damn files won't load onto the floppy's I guess Windows 10 wasn't designed with that in mind!
Does anyone have a work around on this or a set of discs I can borrow or buy ? Happy to cover any costs f postage and the like
Otherwise I am stuck I have tried various bits of freeware to use with floppy discs but nothing seems to get this working or these files across to a disc

BTW I do have a set of discs which are the performance pack but this has the same operating system that's already installed and the additional discs stop at number 2 with a fault when I tried to load them

Any help appreciated
Regards Glyn
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glyn

Sent you a PM

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
gc450

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning all
Quick update on where i am with my pa1x pro fun
I managed to buy a set of floppies on the auction site and the chaps sent these very quickly. Loaded them up and bingo everything went through as it should. So 3.01 operating system installed and working but no sounds styles etc. As i did a clean install.
I couldnt not get any pc to work with these usb floppy drives and it seem windows 10 has no support for floppies. I could see the drive but it wouldnt write properly.

So i now need to load the musical resources which again i cant add to floppies so i linked up the keyboard to the laptop. It responded to the connection but stated it was faulty and refused to show the link listing it in device manager as not working. I tried every trick i know to get this to work and nothing budged. Out of interest i checked the hard drive which appears to be running and shows in the screen. Its an old 34pin ide so i couldnt try it in one of my machines or a cloning tool i have.
Reading more info on the web i started to look at the apple situation as they dont have floppy drives, there was a brief mention on that about using the cd, so i quickly burned the musical res file on a cd popped it in and directed the restore to the cd and bingo all done. Very Happy
Now the challenge is to get the damn usb connection to the hard drive working so any one have any ideas on how to resolve this please feel free to give me a shout
Regards
Glyn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: