Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg X50 Startup issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thereverend1980

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Korg X50 Startup issue Reply with quote

Hi there!

New to the forum and in need of some advice. Ive googled this fault but noting seems to pop up so im hoping that other users of the x50 have had the same problem. For a few shows now I have noticed that upon startup the korg is un useable.

The usual process goes along the lines of - Press power button, screen dispays "Starting system...", Korg x50 logo (with dark background, ready to go.

However, more frequently the start up process goes like this - Press power button, Screen dispays "Stating system...", Korh logo (on WHITE background) then the synth opens up with default sound... however... below the patch name the dispay changes. it reads "Knob1, Knob2, Knob3, Knob4"

When played the only sound to come out is a horrible metallic, electronic, sound.

I hope that i have expained this clearly enough! haha!

Many thanks for any help

I wondered if it needs a firmware update etc????
tommymandel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish i could help out, rev, but i don't know what that signifies, other than a hassle... Crying or Very sad
TommySasso

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: X-50 bricked, thinks it is a microX Reply with quote

Same thing just happened to mine Crying or Very sad

It was recently serviced to replace a broken USB port, so I suspect a hardware issue, like maybe not everything got connected back 100% reliably.

I guess I will open it up and try to reseat connections?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: