Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E2 firmware, petition, 8 bars and all that stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disastrous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
Disastrous wrote:
Is there an Electribe Facebook group, btw? Like, an official one?

Its not official, but there is one large E2/E2S group on FB. Its quite a story in fact.

There was a guy that had too much free time on his hand and he posted his smartass comments to every freakin post. If someone provided a complete answer to a problem, this guy had to chime in to prove his answer is better. That type of guy. And for some reason he became the group admin Smile

A few months later the change.org Electribe firmware petition happened. For some reason this guy thinks this petiotion is BS. He's totally entitled to that opinion, however he enforced that opinion to the whole group. He banned every person who dared to post about this petition. Every mention of the petition this guy deleted with a passion. The group has its own rules. Posting a link to the petition – no matter what your opinion is – did not violate any of its rules. Yet he enforced his own opinion and censorship, basically making this group his private sandbox.

So yeah, there is a E2/E2S FB group, sadly it is in hands of a weirdo fanboy, so everytime you dare to say something negative about Korg – expect censorship, banning, etc.

Instead, I recomend the Grooveboxes group and the Korg Electribe Appreciation Group – much better vibe.

Ha, absolute madness! Will check out the groups you recommend and leave the semi-official one well alone Smile
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice positivity Mr Big Smile
+1 on insanity of FB mod.sounds crazy Confused
BubbleTrailsMusic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
Disastrous wrote:
Is there an Electribe Facebook group, btw? Like, an official one?

Its not official, but there is one large E2/E2S group on FB. Its quite a story in fact.

There was a guy that had too much free time on his hand and he posted his smartass comments to every freakin post. If someone provided a complete answer to a problem, this guy had to chime in to prove his answer is better. That type of guy. And for some reason he became the group admin Smile

A few months later the change.org Electribe firmware petition happened. For some reason this guy thinks this petiotion is BS. He's totally entitled to that opinion, however he enforced that opinion to the whole group. He banned every person who dared to post about this petition. Every mention of the petition this guy deleted with a passion. The group has its own rules. Posting a link to the petition – no matter what your opinion is – did not violate any of its rules. Yet he enforced his own opinion and censorship, basically making this group his private sandbox.

So yeah, there is a E2/E2S FB group, sadly it is in hands of a weirdo fanboy, so everytime you dare to say something negative about Korg – expect censorship, banning, etc.

Instead, I recomend the Grooveboxes group and the Korg Electribe Appreciation Group – much better vibe.

Whoah that's funny, I didn't know about all that madness. Is it the guy named Rich Holloway or something like that? That asshat banned me because I made a joke about "all DAW's being free", he claimed I was promoting piracy hahaha. I was like 1 of 3 people in there actually contributing real music and ideas. The rest are dipshits making lame ass 4 on the floor garbage at like 150bpm. f*ck that group.

Booking: BubbleTrailsMusic@gmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/bubble-trails
https://www.facebook.com/bubbletrailsmusic
https://twitter.com/BTmusicFreqs
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, thats the guy.

I've tried to report this group to Facebook, unfortunately they provide only a form that contains just a few scenarios (racism, hate speech, violent threats etc) that do not exactly fit this situation, its Catch 22 basically.

This guy can do whatever he wants and Facebook is not going to stop him.

Its a shame that the largest Electribe community on Facebook is controlled by a complete a**hole.

A recent example:

„Someone was just moaning about how you couldn't have a slow attack and indefinite sustain, they don't know what they are talking about so I removed the post.”

So maybe its a good idea to start fresh. Anyone wants to open a new group?
behndy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hurm. i'm in that group, didna know the history, saw that banning post, was odd but didna catch until now HOW odd.

...... although a bunch of people there did help me figure out a solution for running 2 USB MIDI devices into the ES2, so that was nice.
immon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah f*ck that group and its weird editorial policy. They blatantly think that Korg will employ them if they kiss their ass enough. Arrow
STk3000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey if youre making the group please post the link here would like to join i think it's a great idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: