Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

performance transpose

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simondrake

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: performance transpose Reply with quote

Dead forumers, I need to create a performance with 2 sounds playing with a different transpose.

I found how to transpose of an octave and the fine tuning which allows to transpose up to 1 semitone. But I need a 5 semitones difference between the 2 upper tracks. Is this possibile? I know I can achieve this using the ensemble function, but it works with the split keyboard only, I need to play in full keyboard mode. Thanks a lot. Simone
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: performance transpose Reply with quote

simondrake wrote:
Dead forumers, I need to create a performance with 2 sounds playing with a different transpose.

It is possible to use the parameter "PB Sensitivity" in MixerTuning which shows the Pitch Bend range for each track in twelve semitones up and down. Set PitchBendRange to 5 semitones and fix Pitch-Bend for one track - maybe with a Footswitch-function "Glide" for Upper2. This allows to play Upper2 with your selected difference of 5 semitones between Upper1 tracks. If footswitch is constant "on" does not cause glide-effect but a transposition in range of preselected pb-sensitivity.

In Keyboard/Ensemble/KeyboardControl it is important "Joystick X"
only to enable for track Upper2 and to disable for Upper1 to get selected different semitones between these while footswitch is on.

I think there are some more possibilities (with Sound-Edit-Features) to realize different semitones of tracks, but using Pitch-Bend is easy to realize and to memorize in performances.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
simondrake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. I'll try with pb changed in one track. Does it mean I have to keep the footswitch down anytime I want to play with my 5 semitones difference?

The second hint would be to edit my second sound track in sound mode creating and saving a new sound 5 st transposed? That sounds interesting, I could then save it in a songbook song. Thanks so much.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simondrake wrote:
Does it mean I have to keep the footswitch down anytime I want to play with my 5 semitones difference?

No, because most of footswitches - also inexpensive like LFD-1 - comes with switchable polarity, so with them it is not necessary to keep down anytime you play with semitones difference.
Without switchable polarity of footswitch it is possible to realize semitones of tracks with "AssignableSlider" instead footswitch.
Move function "Joystick X" or "Joystick Y" to assignable slider (instead to footswitch-function). In Mixer-tuning move 0 to PB-sensitivity of Upper1, move 5 to PB-sensitivity of Upper2 (if necessary also set any value to Upper3). In Keyboard/Ensemble/KeyboardControl enable that realtimetracks you want to use for transposition of semitones. Move your assignable slider to maximum - you get that tracks with semitones transposed; move assignable slider to minimum - your tracks sounds without transposition.

simondrake wrote:
The second hint would be to edit my second sound track in sound mode creating and saving a new sound 5 st transposed? That sounds interesting, I could then save it in a songbook song. Thanks so much.

As also settings of mixer and assignable sliders are memorized (also in Songbook) you do not need to edit sounds with transposed semitones - it is more flexible to use and quick and easier to do with assignable controllers and pitchbend settings.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
simondrake

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks siebenhirter, I did exactly How you suggest and it works. I saved in the songbook the sts with my transposed track assigned to a slider and when I recall it it works fine. I can also use that as a template for other songs. The pb workaround is very smart! Kind regards. Simone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: