Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gadget and midi ouput

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  

does midi outputs can change your workflow ?
the purpose of gadget is to stay on his own
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
gadget with midi out can smoke out Octatracks and similars
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

rozzilla

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: gadget and midi ouput Reply with quote

i have an hybrid studio, but gadget doesnt integrate easily into it. Having midi outputs available could make it the central midi sequencer running for ex. external gears like volcas behind Gadget. I think this lack its a real PITA
robotunes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then Gadget is not for you. Tons of iOS sequencers out there.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midi out would be nice as well as many other things. But Gadget is what it is. You can look at it as a sound module, a scratch pad, a toy or whatever. When you use it in that context it's great.

But it is far from being capable of being the center of any setup. It probably never will be and that's fine. It's just a "gadget" after all.
roxxx303

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great, if gadget woud send all note and controller information to midi-outports! Each Track should be assignable to channel 1 -16 or none!
Korg Gadget, iM1, iMS20, iKaossilator, iElectribe, Korg DS-10, Korg Volca Keys, Minimax ASB, Roland TB-303, TR-606, Novation Drumstation, x0xb0x alu, Yamaha CS2x, Ableton Live 9, Les Paul Cherry Sunburst.
Past Gear:
Electribe MX-1, Kaossilator Pro, AIRA TR-8, Novation Bass-Station, Roland JX8P, Roland Alpha-Juno 1, Roland MC-303, Yamaha RM1X.
dpnsw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely vote for having the capability as it seems silly not to have it. It isn't alot of extra coding, is certainly less processor hungry for old devices than processing for an entire new gadget and it means you can bring in a specific sound if you want to. They already have CC assign, control and editing.

It doesn't impact workflow as you don't have to use it.

Plenty of apps sell this kind of thing as an in app purchase and it would make a lot of sense for Korg to include it.

Sure there are lots of sequences out there that have the same and often more functionality as gadget but they don't have the same workflow. Not all sequencers have iPhone versions and the ones that do can often make the workflow more complicated in doing so. I think you have to acknowledge that Korg's gadget hasn't become so poular just because of their feature set or the gadgets it is their implementation and workflow as well as the quality of what they have put together that is compelling. Korg also seems happy to push how capable gadget is and what great things you can do with it (GadgetCloud). They included module sounds which are pitched as "High Quality" sounds (and I would agree with that). This tends to go against the "I'm just a small scratchpad" perception.

Midi Out is, if anything, notable by its absence.

The only question is if Korg will see adding Midi Out as sabotaging potential revenue from people buying new gadgets. Personally I don't see this as the gadgets give you plenty of benefits including full state saving, midi out is only going to be useful when you want one or 2 specific things OR you want to ability to trigger/control downstream devices.
rozzilla

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to me looks like they are islanding gadget and thats a real shame since production is moving toward OTB ( modulars, volcas, brutes, boutique and many many more ) and otb sequencing is still mpc territory. i am currently rewiring gadget to modstep and thats a PITA
h.vel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for MIDI output!

... it isn't possible anymore to vote for this request?
rozzilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe not, but you could also start a new poll to dont let me alone in this struggle
Routing?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rozzilla wrote:
to me looks like they are islanding gadget and thats a real shame since production is moving toward OTB ( modulars, volcas, brutes, boutique and many many more ) and otb sequencing is still mpc territory. i am currently rewiring gadget to modstep and thats a PITA

Wait what? Retiring gadget to modstep? And this works how?
rozzilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this works unconfortable but thats better than nothing
mr canister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd like it to go DAW. with audio and midi out.
rozzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.change.org/p/korg-inc-korg-gadget-midi-out?recruiter=47647508&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: