Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS2000 DC Input Jack Hardwire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ricoche

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: MS2000 DC Input Jack Hardwire Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a used MS2000. The synth would lose power if the adapter connected to the DC in Jack was wiggled. The adapter is perfectly fine. I've done basic repairs like this before which usually just meant touching up the solder on the DC input legs on the PCB board. However, I noticed that the problem with this board was that one of the legs had lifted the actual pad from the PCB board. When I desoldered the legs the pad was indeed pretty much gone. Now I'm looking at either finding a way to replace the pad OR wiring a jumper cable between the leg and one of the traces. This is the problem. The service manual does not show the path of the traces, so I'm not sure from where to where to solder the jumper wire.

The MS2000 is now basically dead unless I can get that DC power input jack wired up. Does anyone have the schematics or understand how to jumper this? Note I repaired a Korg Polysix that had battery leakage with about 18 jumper wires, so I understand the process given a proper PCB schematic. Granted I don't understand everything in the MS2000 service manual, but it does seem a bit crappy compared to other synth manuals I've used for repair.

I'd welcome any advice or ideas for a possible solution to either fixing the DC input jack or hard wiring the adapter cable onto the PCB somewhere. I can confirm that everything on the MS2000 works perfectly. I just can't get power into the board.

Thanks very much.

Jim
Ricoche

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem has been fixed. I soldered jumper wires from the DC Input plug +/- sleeves to C1 on the PCB board. The MS2000 powers up beautifully and the power on/off when wiggling is gone! Very stable now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: