Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nanoKONTROL Studio setup problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corsair130

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: nanoKONTROL Studio setup problems Reply with quote

I'm trying to set up the nanoKontrol studio in Ableton on a windows pc using USB.

I have set it up using the Mackie control surface, input and output set to nanokontrol studio.

I have tried all kinds of different settings in the bottom section with "track, sync, and remote". Not much of this seems to make a difference.

I've had no luck.

I can manually midi map anything I want. If I select the volume fader and map it to the fader on the kontrol studio that works fine.

Is there not an automatic mapping for this controller that maps all of the channels to their respective hardware channels? Doesn't this thing have the ability to shift from one track to the next track and automatically map the hardware faders to the channels in Ableton? It seems crazy that I would have to manually map everything on this device every time I want to use it.

What am I missing here? The "Quick start guide" is absolutely useless.
corsair130

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some weird details about what I'm seeing as well...

A couple of things "kinda work". For example, the panning knobs seem to kinda control the panning in Ableton, but it's not mapped to anywhere near the right channel and the knobs are backwards. If I twist to clockwise the software twists counter clockwise. It's an all or nothing thing too. There is no gradual sweep from left to right it jumps all the way to one side or another. I never set up this mapping it just seems to do that by default.

None of the transport controls work. Play, stop, record, the jog wheel, or any of that stuff works. One of the track buttons seems to do something but I have no idea what and it doesn't do it consistently.

I'm kinda clueless is there something I need to install or is there some kind of mapping I need to download or do I have to map everything myself?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: