Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behringer Deepmind 12 VR video
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This VR stuff is super cool!
It is a shame VR is still to high priced for me. Laughing
I could get VR, but it just isnt worth it.
Thats just my take.
Others might find a use for it.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Full review by Sonicstate is ready now Reply with quote

Sorry, no link seems to work.

Sonicstate full review now up.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VR interface does not appeal to me in the slightest way, having to wear a headset in order to grab and touch things that are not there...I prefer real physical controls, a knob, slider, button, something I can hold in my hands.
Escapegoat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
The VR interface does not appeal to me in the slightest way, having to wear a headset in order to grab and touch things that are not there...I prefer real physical controls, a knob, slider, button, something I can hold in my hands.

Er... it has those, too.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:

This is actually AR, VR is a different animal altogether.

The funny thing about AR and VR is that you haven't really got a clue what it's like until you try it. I'm working with this tech everyday and we have a joke going in the office when we demo this to new users. The first person who doesn't curse and swear with excitement will win a prize.

Nobody has managed to win yet.

Your looking at the future of everything right here. TV, Internet access, Mobile Phone, Personal Computer, the Matrix where you can load any simulation.

Regards
Sharp.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google sells a $10 device that uses a cell phone to explore VR - and it's really interesting to see people use that for the first time.

Everyone I know thinks its great.

As Sharp wrote AR is different.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have oculus, I was and wasn't impressed. To me for the money I expected a much better image, never the less it was very cool. I did however start to get motion sick so had to limit my time. Sadly after the initial excitement wore off I don't think my family has played with it once in two weeks.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escapegoat wrote:
Jan1 wrote:

Er... it has those, too.

You realize I'm referring to the AR interface, not the DeepMind12 itself?
A while ago Uli Behringer mentioned the possibility of developing a separate controller for the DeepMind since it lacks a one knob per function interface and requires menu diving. If this turns out to be the interface Behringer was alluding to then it has no use for me.

Sharp wrote:
This is actually AR, VR is a different animal altogether.

The funny thing about AR and VR is that you haven't really got a clue what it's like until you try it. I'm working with this tech everyday and we have a joke going in the office when we demo this to new users. The first person who doesn't curse and swear with excitement will win a prize.

Nobody has managed to win yet.

Your looking at the future of everything right here. TV, Internet access, Mobile Phone, Personal Computer, the Matrix where you can load any simulation.

Regards
Sharp.

What's the prize? Smile
Trying out the glasses I probably won't qualify for the prize either.
Yet although I see many practical uses for AR (I'm aware of the difference now that I've googled it), acting as a virtual controller interface for a synth or DAW is not one of them for me.
There's no doubt in my mind that AR WILL become popular, and it's just a matter of time before the first AR performance of a band will happen.
The best use of AR will come in the form of the glasses used in the movie 'They live', but I think the truth may be too much for many to handle.
Escapegoat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
A while ago Uli Behringer mentioned the possibility of developing a separate controller for the DeepMind since it lacks a one knob per function interface and requires menu diving. If this turns out to be the interface Behringer was alluding to then it has no use for me.

It's a thread on the DM12, and you said you were upset that the AR interface might be the only way to use its full set of controls!

And I think you're missing the point with the DM12, it uses the Juno interface as the base level, which keeps it both affordable to everyone and accessible to new synth players. But for when you want to go beyond Juno-levels of sound design, you can use any of:
1) menus
2) any CC control surface
3) an iPad over wifi (free software, and judging by the Midas-developed XR series of mixers, the software will be very good)
4) the AR interface

That seems entirely reasonable to me. Because you cannot get a full one-knob-per-function interface on a synth as flexible as the DM12.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I have oculus, I was and wasn't impressed. To me for the money I expected a much better image, never the less it was very cool. I did however start to get motion sick so had to limit my time. Sadly after the initial excitement wore off I don't think my family has played with it once in two weeks.

It's the complete opposite in our house.

Affected
Firma
Lucky's Tale
Henry
Mine Craft
Project Cars
Netflix
Cineveo

And so on.. all used heavily. There's a lot of crap out for Oculus right now, so choosing the right apps can make all the difference.

Regards
Sharp.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escapegoat wrote:
Jan1 wrote:

It's a thread on the DM12, and you said you were upset that the AR interface might be the only way to use its full set of controls!

If you go back and read the title of the post and watch the video referred to in the first post you will notice this topic is specifically about the AR interface, not the synth itself, and I am not upset about the fact that you have to delve into menus in order to be able to access all the parameters.
I think you misunderstood me.
I do not find an AR interface appealing, and that is what I was referring to when I wrote 'it has no use for me', not the DeepMind12. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: