Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would you purchased the Korg ARP 2600 if it was re-issued?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Yes
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Would you purchased the Korg ARP 2600 if it was re-issued? Reply with quote

Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about it. I like my Karp and currently can't see why I would need it also, and it would also depend on price. So if it offered more then what I have with Karp and I perceived a need within an acceptable price range, maybe.
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I don't know anything about it. I like my Karp and currently can't see why I would need it also, and it would also depend on price. So if it offered more then what I have with Karp and I perceived a need within an acceptable price range, maybe.

The 2600 is the Holy Grail of synths... the Odyssey is very cool, but only scratches the surface/limited IMO ...but again, still very cool.
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to do some googling and learn about since that's the case!
Weirdofromouterspace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you purchased the Korg ARP 2600 if it was re-issue Reply with quote

Hooked On Sonics wrote:

No: My TTSH is almost finished by now Smile.
Kawai: K1
Roland: JX-03
DIY: MFOS Sound Lab Mini Synth Plus | MFOS Sound Lab Ultimate & Expander | MFOS 12-Band Vocoder | TTSH | Jasper | ARP 1601 Sequencer
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you purchased the Korg ARP 2600 if it was re-issue Reply with quote

Weirdofromouterspace wrote:
No: My TTSH is almost finished by now Smile.

Awesome ... I will probably go that direction, it looks like Korg with the intro today of the MENNY, MINNY, MO is going a different direction and is getting out of the serious analogue instrument market, thank goodness for MOOG
jpq

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends size and price and i dont have much room but one my favoriet is are Arp 2600 based some albums what are made wiyh ARp 2600.
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpq wrote:
Depends size and price and i dont have much room but one my favoriet is are Arp 2600 based some albums what are made wiyh ARp 2600.

We get the cost factor, kind of of interesting how our friends over at Moog gifted the world of musicians this year with the reissue of the Model D for $3400.00. IMO the D is the other HOLY GRAIL of affordable serious synths, until then, the D was on ebay everywhere for around $5 - 6,000.00.

We get the the market for the less then $500.00 synths. We're just hoping that Korg would at least entertain doing a limited run of the ARP 2600 or spin / merge the rights off to a company that will.
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel and it hopefully won't be from an oncoming train ... Smile

Korg now has my attention with the sneak peek at the new Full Key Size KARP prototyped in New York.

Maybe the 2600, just Maybe, will become the next prototype.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: