Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to connect a Mini-kp2 to a mixer (FX).

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drummel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: How to connect a Mini-kp2 to a mixer (FX). Reply with quote

There is really not much of information regarding the mini-kp2. Cant even find any good picutures of a mini-kp2 connected to a mixer.

So can you guys help me? I want to connect my mini-kp2 to my Xenyx 1202 fx mixer. And i want to use the FX send, can it be done?
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be done.If you have a t\r\s 3.5mm stereo mini jack > two mono 1/4inch jacks cable, then jack that from control room out sockets into input on KP2.Press the "fx to control room"switch above phones/control room pot and turn up volume of pot near max.
Then connect an output (t\r\s 3.5mm stereo mini jack) from KP2 into desk ,maybe into channels 11/12 with similar cable (two mono 1/4inch jacks) or into CD/Tape In socket with phono connectors.
If this works for you good,set KP2 to Send mode.Or crank up fx send level and use KP in Direct mode.

But I like KPs fed with a prefade fx send.It doesn't look like your mixer has this (its postfade).
I may be tempted to simplify and just plug your entire mixers master output to the input of KP2 and forget about the send...This will allow recording complete mixers to you SD card if this is something you might do,but will only allow fx over the buss out of course (no individual FX channels).KP in Direct mode if used this way.
Drummel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the reply Spheric! I will do some tests. Do you know why there is so little info about the KP2 online? Cant really find any guides, tips or turtorials on it. Its a great little device and it seems to have sold alot.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too sure Drummel.
Maybe coz we have so much choice now a days. DJ s have software for fx. Tons of great fx pedals and modular for synth heads.
Or maybe coz the design of kaoss is quite simple ,with few controls.what you see(hear) is what you get.
Don't know Question
Any more questions regarding your mixer ..or the kp (direct / send modes etc) just ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: