Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA 50 SD: How to assign different sounds on each part?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheoAsk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: PA 50 SD: How to assign different sounds on each part? Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry to ask this question here but I have read most of the user manual for the PA 50 SD and I still can't figure out a basic operation. Maybe I didn't read properly, but I still can't find it:

I want different sounds before the split point (left side of the keyboard) and after the split point (right side of the keyboard). For example: strings left part and piano right part. How can I do this?

I need to be able to switch rapidly , that's why I am asking and not go through many menu screens to be able to do this.

If somebody could point me to the page in the manual or tell me how to do it, it would be great!

Regards,
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: PA 50 SD: How to assign different sounds on each part? Reply with quote

TheoAsk wrote:
Hi,

Sorry to ask this question here but I have read most of the user manual for the PA 50 SD and I still can't figure out a basic operation. Maybe I didn't read properly, but I still can't find it:

I want different sounds before the split point (left side of the keyboard) and after the split point (right side of the keyboard). For example: strings left part and piano right part. How can I do this?

I need to be able to switch rapidly , that's why I am asking and not go through many menu screens to be able to do this.

If somebody could point me to the page in the manual or tell me how to do it, it would be great!

Regards,

Spit point is devide your keyboard for lower and upper sounds
The Lower track plays below the split point,
while the Upper 1, Upper 2 and Upper 3 tracks
play above it. page 17 manual Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
TheoAsk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Not what I asked Reply with quote

Hi,

This is not what I asked for..Page 17 is for chord scanning,track select, STS mainly..I already know how to do that.

But I have the French manual, so maybe you are refferring to another page in reality?

I am looking for a way to change the sounds rapidly for the lower part and upper part during a live play..

But thanks anyway..
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Not what I asked Reply with quote

TheoAsk wrote:
Hi,

This is not what I asked for..Page 17 is for chord scanning,track select, STS mainly..I already know how to do that.

But I have the French manual, so maybe you are refferring to another page in reality?

I am looking for a way to change the sounds rapidly for the lower part and upper part during a live play..

But thanks anyway..

Split point is global set for all STS, means can be save in style, not sts, but Split On/Off is for each STS.
I have Pa600, don't really know if is possible to breate customize split point in Pa50SD, but look for option Keyboard range.
Should be in style play mode somewhere where is Ensemble setup.
I know you can set dynamic range there, means you can set one song for range 1-80, second from 80-127, then when you hit keys soft play 1, when harder sound 2, I hope Pa50 has set for range key too there.
Is very handy when you play, I did one style on YouTube, where 3 VAR is split Smile
http://youtu.be/U9vOBD2BuHw
Performers Heaven
TheoAsk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: About the PA 600 or PA 300 Reply with quote

Hi Nemik (and others),

On an off-topic question: Would you recommend me to change my PA 50 SD for a PA 300 or PA 600 (more expensive)? Will I feel a big change in sound quality, and in general?

Do you believe the PA 300 has many constraints? I read I don't remember on which forum that the PA 300 has very nice sounds and styles but that it lacks MIDI ports and other things..So it makes me wonder...

However the PA 600 brand new is around 1000 euros in France, which is too much for me right now.. (PA 300 is 800 euros, only 200 euros difference)...For info I paid the PA 50SD only 500 euros brand new, with warranty:3 years

What about a PA 800? It's older but still good value, no? Regarding the PA 500 it is better than PA 50 SD, but I'd rather invest a little more moeny and get a more updated keyboard like PA 300...
Brian007

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the LCD display, the top 3 instruments are your right hand, to the right of the split point and the bottom one Is your left hand to the left of the split point.
Split point can be set virtually anywhere on the keyboard.

To achieve rapid voice changes you need to use STS for each set of sounds required

Hope this helps a little

Brian
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want upgrade go for newest styles version.
then you can play older, pa800 is class lower, not supporting pa3x,pa900, pa600 styles.
check here:
http://www.korgpa.com/support/bonusware.html
pa300 is stripped version of pa600, if you ever want use midi ports go for pa600, is great instrument, I am very happy to have it. Very Happy
Performers Heaven
TheoAsk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian,

It sounds a bit complicated to set up STS for each performance...On my old Techniks KN 2000 keyboard I can change the sounds on each keyboard part right away without having to program beforehand ...I miss this functionality...

Is it possible to switch more rapidly with a PA600,PA 300, PA 500 or PA 800 keyboard in your opinion?

Thanks anyway for the useful answer.
phatt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TheoAsk,
I own a Pa50 (similar to Pa80). If it helps,You are not alone in your observation I've had the same issues and frankly if I had known about this problem before purchase I would have gone in a different direction.
The Korg sounds are wonderful but the user interface is just plain stupid.
(Other swear words come to mind but this is a public forum)('Evil or Very Mad')

Lucky for me I have another synth and via a midi cable you can trigger any other not used channel with Program change commands. (though you need to look up the charts for the sound you want, they are all listed in the back of manual.

With the right Global midi settings on the Pa50 the Pa50 accompaniment will follow the remote chord changes.

Recently I purchased a small Edirol PCR300 controller keyboard and that has allowed me to access many things on other channels. I use my Pa50 at home as well as live so Yes I need instant access to many sounds

weather I'm using the acc or not it is darn hard to set all those STS settings and is extremely confusing.

Example ; If you change either the Performance or the Style the STS don't follow.

So if you change from performance 1 too Performance 2 the lead patch will stay but
the moment you press an STS button you get another instrument and it could be anything.
Then you can't get back to the original patch you were playing.

Now I may well have missed something as I'm not perfect by any stretch but I have trawled the manual as well as these pages, also found that wonderful quick start guide which I found somewhere here. (Name escapes me at the moment, but thanks it helped a bit) BUT still there seems no way to disconnect performances from styles
and STS.

***If someone out there knows How to do this please let us know.***

The darn keyboard is a nightmare to setup.
From memory, Many other auto keyboards can change a patch without the need to pre-program every last detail.

The Pa 50 might be ok for those who wish to fiddle at home but for live use it's one hell of a pain to use.
Now having said all that I can see/hear why people like this unit as the actual sounds/patches are well setup making clever use of Velocity giving great feel and dynamics to the sound, damn shame about the interface.

@ Nemik.
Nice playing but I need to change the lead patches quite a lot while playing.
unless I'm mistaken you are only changing the variations in the style and that works fine but once you want to change from one performance set to another the whole thing goes stupid.
I only have enough time to press one button and change a performance set.
You can do that on other keyboards as TheoAsk noted above. KN2000
Cheers, Phil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
jason jose

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: PA 50 SD: How to assign different sounds on each part? Reply with quote

Hello Theo,
To assign a sound on the each part just select the buttons that are placed close to the display and then select any voice to add to it. To play a voice at the split point/ left side/ bass cleff just selcet the last button on the right side of your KorgPA50 and then select your desired voice. I have a Korg PA50 which is floppy type.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA80 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: