Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does E2 send MMC MIDI messages?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Temperary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Does E2 send MMC MIDI messages? Reply with quote

I recently bought a used Korg D3200 Digital Recording Studio and I'm trying to sync with my E2. I have everything hooked up as it is specified in the D3200 manual but said manual states that it will not work unless the external sequencer (my E2 in this case) sends MMC (MIDI Machine Control). I can't find any information anywhere online or in the E2 manual that specifies whether it supports MMC. I am also supposed to specify a "Device ID" number from 0-127. I'm not sure how to find that either. It also appears that the E2 isn't receiving MTC from the D3200 as it is supposed to. Simply put these two just don't seem to be communicating in any way despite being connected by MIDI cables in both directions.

I'm not very familiar with these terms and I'm pretty lost. I don't know whether it's not working because the settings aren't exactly right or because it simply isn't compatible. Basically all I want is for the recorder to stay synced to my E2 and other synths so that I can record with precise timing and edit with clean divisions between measures. Can it be done with these two devices?
XYNTAXIS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested in this question too. In my case - I want connect electribe 2 as master to DAW because there is some volcas connected to E2 with midi, but as we know, Electribe 2 cant do a midi thru. How can I play all this rig at one moment without E2 as master?

I already try to connect E2 as midi clock master to Ableton. Its not work properly. Other DAWs need MTS LTC SPP
Brakio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find a lot of information in the MIDI specification of both electribe and electribe sampler ("KORG electribe [sampler] MIDI Implementation") that you can find on the KORG web site.

From what I can see no MMC is generated, only system realtime messages:
Code:

1-2 SYSTEM REALTIME MESSAGES

+-----------+----------------------------------------------+
| Status[H] | Description                                  |
|    F8     | Timing Clock                               *4|
|    FA     | Start                                        |
|    FB     | Continue                                     |
|    FC     | Stop                                         |
|    FE     | Active Sensing                               |

Using MIDI-OX to monitor the output of the electribe, it tends to be confirmed...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: