Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is saw still dofferemt octave om Minilogue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpq

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Is saw still dofferemt octave om Minilogue? Reply with quote

Is saw still dofferemt octave om Minilogue? i understanded at least earlier plays i think octave higher than other waveforms. such thing is deal breaker to me is there still here
moho

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah total deal breaker if only there was some sort of switch you could use to change the octave Confused
djcactus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moho wrote:
Yeah total deal breaker if only there was some sort of switch you could use to change the octave Confused

i can't tell if you're being a troll or not but there is totally a switch for each oscillator for changing octaves.
moho

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trolling just sarcasm, I just can't stand the phrase "deal breaker" especially when used to actually troll a sweet synth.
Saw higher use the octave switch,
slim keys use a full size midi keyboard,
delay that can sound like a bag of nails turn it off and use an external one,
and if you don't like the way it makes coffee don't scream deal breaker just boil a kettle Laughing Laughing Laughing
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Is saw still dofferemt octave om Minilogue? Reply with quote

moho wrote:
Not trolling just sarcasm, I just can't stand the phrase "deal breaker" especially when used to actually troll a sweet synth.
Saw higher use the octave switch,
slim keys use a full size midi keyboard,
delay that can sound like a bag of nails turn it off and use an external one,
and if you don't like the way it makes coffee don't scream deal breaker just boil a kettle Laughing Laughing Laughing

+1 Laughing Minilogue is a very cool synth, no question! About the delay..it's not supposed to act like a digital one...it behaves more like an analog delay and I'm cool with that...very character. People complain about mono....get ya a chorus pedal for the thing or an external fx unit(like they used to have to do BITD) and boom, you have stereo...NO PROBLEM!

jpq wrote:
Is saw still dofferemt octave om Minilogue? i understanded at least earlier plays i think octave higher than other waveforms. such thing is deal breaker to me is there still here
There's nothing wrong with the octave settings on saw....they can be set low enough to sound like clicks and high enough you cannot even hear them. There's no problem there.
ProfessorNick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the octave is one octave higher for the Saw, but when you play with the Shape it seems to drop down one octave putting it into the same range as the square and triangle. The square wave doesn't appear to change octave when you use the shape, and the triangle seems to gain harmonics so it seems to be correct to me. It is just be a case of "it is what it is".
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saw fits in the octave range....because of the nature of sawtooth waves the lowest setting is clicks and the highest is inaudible....there's nothing incorrect about it......if it was one octave lower to be like the other waveforms it would just be clicks.

There's no "there" there so to speak Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: