Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T1 Display Bezel yellow: normal or in need of cleaning?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallenturtle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: T1 Display Bezel yellow: normal or in need of cleaning? Reply with quote

One of the cursor down plastic button pushing bit is broken on my T1's display bezel so I order a used bezel online to replace it. While the one on my Korg is clear the replacement has a light yellow tint on it. It looks uniform so I'm curious if some of these came from the factory like this or if its just dirty and I need to clean it.

Would love some feedback from someone experienced with the T series.

Thanks.
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that it is from aging - either too much direct sunlight (not much you can do to fix it) or smoke (from cigarettes, etc. - you might be able to clean it with something, but chances are that you'll damage the bezel requiring re-polishing).

If it is not a big deal, I'd leave it as it is - if you really don't like it, then probably you're better off finding somebody who has done such stuff before. It is easy to damage these beyond repair with solvents or mechanical stress.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: