Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pocket operators + e2/s users pls chime in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krakapow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: pocket operators + e2/s users pls chime in Reply with quote

so my birthday is next week and im lookin to get pocket operatr or two, or three, to honor my self in true king joffrey style

so im wondering wich ones have u gotten the most mileage out of?

what goes best with the e2/s?

im thinking the po12 for drums and one extra piece, maybe two

i was lookin at the volca fm just for the arpeggietor but i reckon imma get the yamaha reface cs, i also have a stack of hardware so this is just to compliment my e2 and get some new sounds (and being able to parameter lock them)

so wich ones would u recommend
and how do u find them them , if u own them
forsh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure about pocket opperators myself

but I think im gonna get a few of either the volcas or the synth electribe to go with my sampler

the only thing from teenage engineering I want is the op1

my wants list is massive ,pitty my wallet is very thin
krakapow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend brought his op1 thru yesterday
i was kinda disappointed. i didnt get to dive deep into it and he had just gotten a week ago himself but i just couldnt find any sweetspots in any of the synth engines. after seeing all those youtube demos i was very underwhelmed.
of course im not saying the sweetspots arent there.
also found the sequencing a bit clunky.

but im sure if i had it for a few days it would be whole different story.
still it quelled my gas for it.

made me <3 my electribe even more
mihata

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the po12 and it's amazing. Kick drum sounds huge, extremely easy to make variations of the patterns, also chain them together for longer arrangements. You just can't go wrong with it, all the others have some limitations within this small format, but for drum machine is perfect. I never ran it through the audio in of my E2 as I have other stuff there but I guess it's going to be fun like that as well. What I do is run it overdriven through my mixer and the sound is stunning. Ah yes, it also has really crunchy distortion as one of the effects which drives it completely nuts. It also have 2 effects that completely change the sounds while keeping the dialed pattern. Having in mind that those are "punch-in" effects so you can delete parts of the affected sound and bring the original pqttern below which brings mad impro ability(not sure I'm very clear with that, but bottom line is that it's very, very fun) I even bought the expensive case from TE and it made it even classier (although it's a bit hard to follow the light of the sequencer in daylight with the case on) Never had other POs, but from what I've seen it's the most complete one. I wouldnt advise on buyng more than one PO to go with the electribe as they ar small and fiddly and will be too much ofba distraction to play along with the E2, which also requires a lot of attention due to the lack of features discussed elsewhere on this forum. I might be wrong though..

Cheers!
krakapow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a good deal on the po 12 and the 24, the office one.
Hopefully have em.by next week
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any Electribes anymore, but i've got all 3 of the first generation Pocket Operators. They are just a whole heap of fun. Don't expect fat analogue lushness to come out of them, but if you like digital/glitchy/chiptune sounds then you'll love 'em. It doesn't take long to learn them (and they are not 100% straightforward out of the box) and they sound far, far better than their appearance suggests.

Hopefully Santa is bringing me the Office...

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
bladuck

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only the office but have the arcade on the wish list.. and that is one I would recommend to you. With Arcade PO you'd get extra voices (E2 has only 24 voices), chords sequencing (!) and 8-12 useful sounds (I’m not really into the arcade sounds)

Have you figured out the sync ? do you have a volca (that is my case)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: