Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS2000 DSP Chip replaced

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bladerunner2125

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: MS2000 DSP Chip replaced Reply with quote

Have 2 MS2000 Synths that I am trying to repair, have installed the DSP Chip to both units, I am however getting a "DSP Dram error 4001ff" on one of them when I do the test the Patch's change properly now though and I can hear them but some of the patches sound a bit distorted but not all of them?

The other MS2000 that I installed the DSP Chip to seems to now play all the patches properly I can hear them loud and clear although when I run the self test I get "Midi Loop Check Timeout Err"

Is there anyone on the forum that might be able to help me with these problems?
Bladerunner2125

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it turns out that the problem with the Midi loop on the MS2000 was simply because I didn't have a Midi cable looping from the in out ports, thanks to Scott Hamblin for solving that one for me, so its just the Dram error on the other MS2000 that I need to track down?
Bladerunner2125

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second update the MS2000 with the Dram error turned out to be a bad DSP chip, installed new one and now works perfectly.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you go about replacing the DSP chip?
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Bladerunner2125

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
How did you go about replacing the DSP chip?

With a great deal of patience and soldering skills lol, it was trial and error to be honest made a few mistakes on the first MS2000 I did but corrected the mistakes and everything worked perfectly, this isn't a casual soldering job though I used a USB Microscope to get close into the soldering points on the DSP Chip this allowed me to see the shorts, I used soldering paste and an dedicated but cheap Chinese Hot Air Soldering Iron to solder the DSP chip to the board, I also used Chip Quick to remove the DSP chip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: