Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Step Jump Hold, and wishlist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prichard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Step Jump Hold, and wishlist Reply with quote

Hey there.?
Don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere on the forum, but I wanted to share/ask about some features.

Youtube user Sumako showd in this video that the Gate Arp could be tapped to Latch and change a set of Step-Jumps.
He has elaborated on other Hidden Features of the Gate Arp HERE

These are really exciting workarounds.
BUT

...it ties up the Gate Arp
    ...it isn't instant add/subtract (like Hold on MicroSampler).
    ...when I tried this with moderately complex sequences (on my E2s), it
locked up. I cannot even POWER DOWN (I had to pull batteries).

Korg are doing (allowing) some pretty clever things, but it would be SUPER nice if future updates made this more deliberate and elegant, with an some innate Hold modes.
For instance, have a new mode, "ReMix", that we enter by pressing Trigger + Mute together; Trigger stays lit, Mute Flashes at at 2x BPM, track pads glow red, and wink at their start-point.

- this temporarily overrides Trigger mode into SeqPlay.
    - buttons effectively stop ("mute") or ReStart each tracks sequence play.

...and while we're on it, add a mode, call it "MegaMix," (like MC series, but an extension of Pattern Set) by pressing Trigger + Pattern Set:

- press key for track you want to switch

-- if you release the Track Key before pressing Page 1,2,3, or 4, that track mutes.
      -- if, while holding Track key, you press 1 of 4 Page keys, it arms THAT track to be switched to the Pattern (determined by the next next Pad/pattern, according to your 4 registered Pattern Banks in Pattern set mode.

...still trying to figure out how one might interface into a "sub-mode" for latching Step-Jump sets on a per-track basis (which would out-poly-rhythm my Elektron RYTM's ability to change track lengths, per track, on the fly, but with a fixed start point).

Maybe it's pie-in-the-sky, but it could really push the Elecribe2s into some of the creative live-remixing territory of (much) more expensive gear, such as the Elektron boxes, or old Yamaha's like the RS7000.
immon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All great suggestions for performance Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: