Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS Augmented Reality Gaming FPV Drone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hendry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: GPS Augmented Reality Gaming FPV Drone Reply with quote

If keyboards progressed as fast as RC "drones" we'd all live in wonderland... check it out:

Walkera AiBao GPS Augmented Reality Gaming FPV Drone

Skip to 4:09....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inr2w8JhR34&utm_campaign=EDM161130.USW&utm_content=4041715942&utm_medium=email&utm_source=EDM

This is only the beginning of this madness... it will look amazing at night through goggles.

Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a pilot, I can't tell you how much I LOATHE drones.

..Joe
John Hendry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a pilot as well I know what you mean... but just because some people are idiots we don't want to let their stupidity affect what we do. RC is as much fun as full scale and lets you take the machinery further and for a lot of people go together.

The Phantom released without altitude limiting was the worst thing that ever happened to the RC hobby as all of a sudden anyone could fly an RC aircraft and film it letting idiots join the hobby. But it looks like the novelty is wearing off as people staying in the hobby are learning and doing it right. Fast FPV racing quads are getting smaller and smaller as all they really have to carry is a mini camera. I hardly ever fly my 550 with 12 in blades and it's just a rescue craft now, but my 47 gram pocket rocket lets me cruse the neighborhood at all hours of the night and it's only one of many favorites. Can't see not being involved with RC aircraft too as they keep getting better.
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, nothing will be done about them until one gets out of control, careers in front of some mother in a car or SUV, who swerves to avoid it, and plows into a telephone pole, killing her little 4 or 5 year-old child.

And it WILL happen: only a a matter of time.

..Joe

BTW- one of my friends is a legend in the RC world. Name of Tony, from NYC.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Phantom 4 owner myself with a passion for photography, I have to say I love my drone and it's quite possibly the best piece of technology I own. It's a fantastic invention.

I don't doubt for a second that someone somewhere will eventually do something stupid with one and cause an accident. Seems no matter what you put in a persons hand, someone somewhere will cause an accident.

100 people a year apparently die from sucking on a Pen and then choking on it. Hundreds of thousands die each year from people doing stupid things in cars.

Bottom line, some people do stupid things regardless of what laws or restrictions you put in place. Generally speaking though, most people will be responsible drone operators.

Regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: