Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue hype then fail(UPS football)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Minilogue hype then fail(UPS football) Reply with quote

The company I bought it from(not a mom/pop but a big company/Korg seller on Amazon) didn't even package the item and NO POWER SUPPLY was in the box. So it was pre-opened with no power supply and sold as new. They just slapped a ups label on the Manufactures box taped up the tattered POS and sent it out. The UPS man put it on my porch and hauled arse. Very sad, poor Minilogue. They wanted me to send pictures of the Outer packaging and the Manufacturer's packaging...I was like THERE IS NO OUTER PACKAGING!...then they wanted to know if the unit was broken and I was like THERE'S NO POWER SUPPLY, it was pre-opened I cannot test if it's broken(Paid full price, even bought it with the nice Korg case):

Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a miserable way to ship something. I hope they make it right! My Kronos and Karl both came banged up and crushed on the corners with some cuts and tears through the boxes but the contents was in good working order obviously poor handling by thenshipper. Yours however certainly does look like someone at the retailer took little pride in their work.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Wow! What a miserable way to ship something. I hope they make it right! My Kronos and Karl both came banged up and crushed on the corners with some cuts and tears through the boxes but the contents was in good working order obviously poor handling by thenshipper. Yours however certainly does look like someone at the retailer took little pride in their work.

Ya, the company STILL hasn't resolved it yet but they are on it. I went ahead and bought another one from Guitar Center who had them...just waiting for the original company to refund me/tell me how they're going to handle it.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Adorama on the tape, you would think a company known for excellent camera service and shipping would have gotten a synth packaged up properly. I would almost bet whom ever it was in shipping would probably get written up for this or just lose their job. That, however, doesn't absolve the carrier for such shitty handling! You would think with such overwhelming evidence you would already have a credit! Good Luck!
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I see Adorama on the tape, you would think a company known for excellent camera service and shipping would have gotten a synth packaged up properly. I would almost bet whom ever it was in shipping would probably get written up for this or just lose their job. That, however, doesn't absolve the carrier for such shitty handling! You would think with such overwhelming evidence you would already have a credit! Good Luck!

They're making me go through the process of a UPS claim. It's ridiculous...UPS picked it up yesterday. There's NO WAY UPS will pay a claim on a package they didn't pack. I hope to get a refund as soon as they receive it. The evidence is overwhelming. If I were Korg I'd be pissed they have a dealer that acted this way to a customer(The people on the phone were nice and email replies were good)

When I first contacted them I told them it was pre-opened(look at that package, the tape LOL) and the power adapter was missing. They said we don't do that...I'm like...IT HAPPENED(I'm sure it's not their normal operating procedure that's why)! Korg didn't leave out the adapter lol.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Company issued refund....all is good.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nov 25 to Dec 15, sure seems like a needless amount of time to do what's right! Glad it worked out!

How companies take care of you really does make a difference. For example. I bought and Antelope audio Zen Tour earlier this year, when released, I got lucky. It arrived from Sweetwater with screws rattling around inside. One quick call to to them and they had a replacement in the mail before the end of the day! That is service! I fully expected them to wait until they received mine back, reasonable to me but they went one step beyond. I can only guess having a good track record with them helps but still, Adorama shouldn't have made you wait so long.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Nov 25 to Dec 15, sure seems like a needless amount of time to do what's right! Glad it worked out!

How companies take care of you really does make a difference. For example. I bought and Antelope audio Zen Tour earlier this year, when released, I got lucky. It arrived from Sweetwater with screws rattling around inside. One quick call to to them and they had a replacement in the mail before the end of the day! That is service! I fully expected them to wait until they received mine back, reasonable to me but they went one step beyond. I can only guess having a good track record with them helps but still, Adorama shouldn't have made you wait so long.

I agree. Thanks man:) There was a disconnect between departments. I was getting seemingly "canned" letters about UPS damage claims. UPS wasn't going to pay the claim I can guarantee you that, since it wasn't packed and since it was pre-opened and sold as new(look at the taped up box lol) with overwhelming evidence..... Sweetwater is awesome for sure, have dealt with them many times.

I did keep the awesome Korg brand Minilogue case from the order.
http://www.korg.com/us/products/accessories/sc_minilogue/

I'm so hyped about the Minilogue....there's still a lot of hype about it out there, though i don't know why not much love for the analog section here at Korg Forums....mostly about the Kronos here(it's awesome, pretty much the best workstation out there by far, I understand that).....but Korg is really leading the way in new analog stuff as far as the big 3 are concerned. Korg is kickin' all kinds of ass right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: