Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Kronos(X), Krome, Oasys,M3/M50,Tritons, ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Moving drum patterns in PCGTools Reply with quote

Hi Michel

I was trying just now to organize my 300+ drum patterns. Moving them and sorting them works fine as such so it looks to go ok. However, after saving the complete PCG and loading it back into Kronos, it appears that combi's still refer to the old drum pattern id, with the new name, but the same old contents. So it seems only the names are moved, not the contents. And the Combi and Program drum pattern id-s are not updated.
I can email you my two PCG-s (before and after) if it helps you.

So what happens

Combi1 DrumpatternB at U001 with drumcontents B
Combi2 DrumpatternA at U002 with drumcontents A

becomes
Combi1 DrumpatternA at U001 with drumcontents B
Combi2 DrumpatternB at U002 with drumcontents A

instead of the desired
Combi1 DrumpatternB at U002 with drumcontents B
Combi2 DrumpatternA at U001 with drumcontents A

Would be great if you can address this. It is not crucial for me, but it helps organising and tracing my drum patterns when it would work

Thanks

Ad

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving drum patterns in PCGTools Reply with quote

AdDeRoo wrote:
Hi Michel

I was trying just now to organize my 300+ drum patterns. Moving them and sorting them works fine as such so it looks to go ok. However, after saving the complete PCG and loading it back into Kronos, it appears that combi's still refer to the old drum pattern id, with the new name, but the same old contents. So it seems only the names are moved, not the contents. And the Combi and Program drum pattern id-s are not updated.

So what happens

becomes

instead of the desired

Would be great if you can address this. It is not crucial for me, but it helps organising and tracing my drum patterns when it would work

Thanks

Ad

Hello Ad,

I'm afraid I have to disappoint you ... what you write is completely true.

For the drum kits, drum patterns and wave sequences, the patches (programs/combis) using them are NOT synced. This is a limitation of PCG Tools and I hope to fix in in a future version, but I wanted to release the version I have since people wanted to move the drum kits/ wave sequences and drum patterns even without the automatic sync.

It was in the release notes when I published it, but maybe I should be even more clear about it.

Kind regards,

Michel Keijzers

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Melomaniak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving drum patterns in PCGTools Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
AdDeRoo wrote:
Hi Michel

So what happens

becomes

instead of the desired

Thanks

Ad

Hello Ad,

I'm afraid I have to disappoint you ... what you write is completely true.

For the drum kits, drum patterns and wave sequences, the patches (programs/combis) using them are NOT synced. This is a limitation of PCG Tools and I hope to fix in in a future version, but I wanted to release the version I have since people wanted to move the drum kits/ wave sequences and drum patterns even without the automatic sync.

It was in the release notes when I published it, but maybe I should be even more clear about it.

Kind regards,

Michel Keijzers

With TidyKronos all is in sync!
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Moving drum patterns in PCGTools Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

Hi Michel

Thanks for the reply. Syncing is one issue indeed, but I found that the moving and sorting might not go ok either. The names are moved and sorted upon doing so, but the underlying drumpatterns stay the same.
I will try again if this issue happens again

Would be great if you can address that at some point

Still a happy customer!

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Moving drum patterns in PCGTools Reply with quote

AdDeRoo wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

Hi Michel

Thanks for the reply. Syncing is one issue indeed, but I found that the moving and sorting might not go ok either. The names are moved and sorted upon doing so, but the underlying drumpatterns stay the same.
I will try again if this issue happens again

Would be great if you can address that at some point

Still a happy customer!

What do you mean with the underlying patterns? What I meant is that if you move drum patterns, tracks or wave sequences, the name + the content for that single pattern/track/sequence is moved, but not the references from other elements to the moved item.

I definitely will address this, but it can take some time, since I'm busy with a major redesign which can take very long (to solve / simplify things in future).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear PCG Tools users,

As you have noticed, it has been a long time since there has been an update for PCG Tools. Due to lack of time and being very busy with another project, I have (in principle) no time anymore to add more features. This does not mean there will never be any new release anymore. Maybe in some future or when I have a more time I will pick it up again. Or even better, maybe others want to continue contributing to PCG Tools.

Because of that, I made the source code available on my website download page.(http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl/download.php).

I will still answer questions about PCG Tools.

Also I want to thank everybody who helped me, contributed to it, posts bugs, had discussions and used it.

Kind regards,

Michel Keijzers

Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Michel

That is sad news.

As a part time developer myself, I know how hard it can be to fit it it, and when you do, it is often at the expense of making music (why we have these darn synths in the first place. Wink )

Just a thought as you have kept PCGTools free and are effectively open sourcing it, have you thought about putting it on a CM repository like GITHUB? That allows people to more effectively collaboratively contribute. they can clone it, work on a feature and push the changes back for others to use.

I use GIT on the software I sell for CM purposes, but I have also created COREMIDI4J (a Java wrapper for COREMIDI on OS X to fix the fact that Java on OS X by default does not support SYSEX). CoreMIDI4J is free, and myself and another guy maintain it between us. Because it is on GITHUB, we do not get out of sync when each of us may be doing changes.

Maybe something to consider for PCGTools, especially if you may wish to get back to it in future at some point.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Derek,

Yes, well I now have another 'hobby' project. ANd yes, making music is also something I keep doing (or at least playing music).

And GitHub indeed crossed my mind. I used it before for a time, but after getting some problems it's not there anymore, but maybe I should redo it (if I can find out how). It took me quite a bit of time at that time.

I used it a bit when someone else added a feature and initially for translation purposes (but found an easier way later). So I'm open to add it to GitHub ... again when I have time to add it there.

Kind regards,

Michel

amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GitHub is great, especially the tracking part.
I use bitbucket and github for personal code repos.
You should definitely consider putting it up.
It's simple and much efficient from CLI if you have git installed and ssh configured.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amit wrote:
GitHub is great, especially the tracking part.
I use bitbucket and github for personal code repos.
You should definitely consider putting it up.
It's simple and much efficient from CLI if you have git installed and ssh configured.

Thanks ... I think I have an ssh ... need to check to see if it still works. I have an account on Assembla.

bobmusic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not able to copy combinations from one pcg to another pcg.
when I try this action, Windows 10 message says that pcgtools is not responding anymore.
Maybe the used windows emulator (I use Windows 10 (64-bit) on free Oracle Virtualbox 5.1 emulator on Mac OS Sierra) could cause the problem?

Anyway, thank You for great tool!
Trinity Pro with MOSS-Board, PBS FlashRom, HDR, Optical DI
Korg Collection 3
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobmusic wrote:
I am not able to copy combinations from one pcg to another pcg.
when I try this action, Windows 10 message says that pcgtools is not responding anymore.
Maybe the used windows emulator (I use Windows 10 (64-bit) on free Oracle Virtualbox 5.1 emulator on Mac OS Sierra) could cause the problem?

Anyway, thank You for great tool!

I don't have a Mac, so I cannot reproduce the problem. Is it possible you send the PCG files (where you copy from, where you copy to) to me and describe exactly what did to crash the program?

It depends on the PCG type/version if you can copy, but it should never crash.

Guttalaser

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: PCG and Kronos 88 LS Reply with quote

Hi,

first thing first... apologize for my bad english and for not reading all 54 pages of posts!

Ok... said that this tool is simply GREAT (I'm using it with the FTP, so now I've ALL the internal and expansion - you see: i have a lot! -PCGs in my pc!)... the first thing i've tryied was to "build" my "custom PCG" from 2 expansion.

One was from the Exs Mark V EP and one was from EXs Power Brass.

Only 2 patches in the PCG.

Sended it via FTP to my Kronos, loaded and... no sound.

Ok... so I loaded (append) the samples file for the Mark V EP and it worked!
But doing the same for the Power Brass (append too)... no sound!

What i'm missing copying the patches of some KSC or EXs to a new "custom" PCG?...
Do I need a mandatory "master" PCG as a "template"?!

Tnx for your help!
Libraries: EXS102; Exs108; EXS109; EXS091; EXS019; EXS024; EXS049; EXS097; EXS116; EXS122; EXS131; EXS132; EXS133; EXS134; EXS135; EXS138; EXS139; EXS220; KRS071; KRS077; EXS056; EXS063; KRS059; Exs010; Exs011; Exs012; EXS014; EXS016; EXS017; EXS018; KRS01; KRS02; KRS03; KRS04; KRS05; KRS06; KRS06B; KRS07; EXS085; Exs086; KRS085; EXS040; EXS041; EXS042; EXS151; EXS155; EXS191; EXS193; EXS194; EXS067; EXS150; EXS222; EXS223; EXS224; EXS225; EXS226; The Endless Floyd Anthology Rev.B; PF Cover Pack MkII; One Vision Cover Pack; 80s Cover Pack; ToTo Cover Pack; Complete Cover Collection V2; JD8 Project Rev.2; DX Synth Pack.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: PCG and Kronos 88 LS Reply with quote

Guttalaser wrote:
Hi,

first thing first... apologize for my bad english and for not reading all 54 pages of posts!

Ok... said that this tool is simply GREAT (I'm using it with the FTP, so now I've ALL the internal and expansion - you see: i have a lot! -PCGs in my pc!)... the first thing i've tryied was to "build" my "custom PCG" from 2 expansion.

One was from the Exs Mark V EP and one was from EXs Power Brass.

Only 2 patches in the PCG.

Sended it via FTP to my Kronos, loaded and... no sound.

Ok... so I loaded (append) the samples file for the Mark V EP and it worked!
But doing the same for the Power Brass (append too)... no sound!

What i'm missing copying the patches of some KSC or EXs to a new "custom" PCG?...
Do I need a mandatory "master" PCG as a "template"?!

Tnx for your help!

Thanks for your nice words. I'm glad you like PCG Tools.

I wish I could easily add KSC or EX support, but it is not that easy, especially when using USB sticks/SD cards. Remember when I would be able to add those, it is also expected for other models. And every model handles samples differently, so it would be a very major task.

So I'm afraid you have to do the sample handling yourself like you did. It's hard to say why the Brass samples did not work while others do. PCG Tools just does not change samples, these are contained in the KSC etc files.

Guttalaser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: PCG and Kronos 88 LS Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

So I'm afraid you have to do the sample handling yourself like you did. It's hard to say why the Brass samples did not work while others do. PCG Tools just does not change samples, these are contained in the KSC etc files.

Tnx Michel for your fast answer!

Ok, gotcha!
So, in other words, if i understand well, the PCG Tools (for now) is primary intended for the internal factory sound set and PCG and not for the KSC and EXs expansion (actually: can works but - for some reason - cannot work too!)

It's that right?
Libraries: EXS102; Exs108; EXS109; EXS091; EXS019; EXS024; EXS049; EXS097; EXS116; EXS122; EXS131; EXS132; EXS133; EXS134; EXS135; EXS138; EXS139; EXS220; KRS071; KRS077; EXS056; EXS063; KRS059; Exs010; Exs011; Exs012; EXS014; EXS016; EXS017; EXS018; KRS01; KRS02; KRS03; KRS04; KRS05; KRS06; KRS06B; KRS07; EXS085; Exs086; KRS085; EXS040; EXS041; EXS042; EXS151; EXS155; EXS191; EXS193; EXS194; EXS067; EXS150; EXS222; EXS223; EXS224; EXS225; EXS226; The Endless Floyd Anthology Rev.B; PF Cover Pack MkII; One Vision Cover Pack; 80s Cover Pack; ToTo Cover Pack; Complete Cover Collection V2; JD8 Project Rev.2; DX Synth Pack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 57 of 61

Jump to: