Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any way around the Audio In Thru OFF high-pitched noise??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IncredibleTendril

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Any way around the Audio In Thru OFF high-pitched noise?? Reply with quote

Is there any way around the high-piched whine that is apparent when using audio in? I was excited about using the E2 as a vocal processor, but that high-pitched noise put a damper on my plans Sad

Imagine having 16 different effects/modulations/filters saved to pads, and switching them on the fly for live use!! Could the high-pitched whine be fixed with a firmware update? Is there any other way around it?

I have two E2s , and I noticed that the whine is slightly different on each one.

I'm using the latest firmware. I've read that firmware 1.18 fixed the whine when the AUDIO IN THRU is set to ON, but is there a fix for when the AUDIO IN THRU is set to OFF? It's not my mic (it works fine when I plug it directly into my PA). Someone mentioned that it might be a grounding issue. How could I check to see if this is the case?

I've read the other threads on this topic, but I've come up with nothing Sad

Any Ideas??
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read about this problem but never experienced it myself, although I'm using the sampler version not the synth so maybe there's a difference between the two?

I run all sorts of stuff through the audio in and I've never noticed a noise. Can it be removed using the LPF to cut the high frequencies?

The audio in feature on these units is probably my favourite thing about them. I often run my guitar through it and it is awesome to be able to have different modulation and FX on each channel and switch between them or stack them up Cool
IncredibleTendril

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's certainly more apparent on effects such as distortion and punch, things like that. I don't really want to have to use the filters to EQ it out Sad. I'm wondering if the new blue electribe 2 has this same problem. The noise is apparent even if nothing is plugged into the audio in jack. It's driving me mad!! 😂
bloomes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, this noise is appearing on all new electribes (sampler/synth, red/blue). i can not understand korg why they release such a cheep stuff. and why they haven't fixed it even in the latest (red/blue) version.

it seems that the electribes are toys for korg, rather than instruments - though the e2 has so much potential and they don't see it...
Brakio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the noise present even when you are on batteries?
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who can't hear this?
IncredibleTendril

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not tried it with batteries yet. I will have to check that out!
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes check with batteries.
It would be interesting to know what you plug your E2S into.Do you monitor through your pc / Mac? Do you do this stuff live? Thru a mixer?
Ground loops can be cancelled with noise cancellation boxes.
Although you say you still hear it without anything plugged into [i]it[/i] which is a bit worrying. Try Batteries ,nothing plugged on input and headphones only on output.Total isolation.
colonel5.2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: noise issue Reply with quote

so mine has noise on headphone output
way more noise on audio in thru

but on the main ouputs i can make the noise reduce by a great deal if i turn the master volume up full?
deseipel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a shot in the dark, but is it connected to computer or cell phone? (try turning the wifi off/cell off)

Perhaps you have headphones that are poorly shielded? try other headphones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: