Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iWavestation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: iWavestation Reply with quote

I would like to recreate Wavestation on iPad some day. Should I get permission from Korg to do so? I so, how can I contact Korg? They seem not to plan of developing it.
Current hardware: Kronos-1 61+1GB RAM+2nd HDD 320 Gb, Triton Extreme 76+MOSS+RAM+dual microSD to CF adapter+64 Gb microSD card, Roland GW7, Casio WK-3300, Casio CTK-631, Farfisa child synth, laptop HP Envy dv7 16Gb ram, Core-i7, 128 SSD+720 GB HDD, E-MU 0202 USB Audio Interface.
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, E-MU X-Board 61, launchpad mini, 3 Korg nano controllers, AKAI LPD+LPK, Behringer C2000.
My Kronos wish-list: www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=661561#661561
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment the only app I found which can do wavesequencing is this:
http://www.greenoak.com/crystal/Crystal/Crystal.html
Current hardware: Kronos-1 61+1GB RAM+2nd HDD 320 Gb, Triton Extreme 76+MOSS+RAM+dual microSD to CF adapter+64 Gb microSD card, Roland GW7, Casio WK-3300, Casio CTK-631, Farfisa child synth, laptop HP Envy dv7 16Gb ram, Core-i7, 128 SSD+720 GB HDD, E-MU 0202 USB Audio Interface.
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, E-MU X-Board 61, launchpad mini, 3 Korg nano controllers, AKAI LPD+LPK, Behringer C2000.
My Kronos wish-list: www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=661561#661561
Artmuzz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wavestation has been released on iPad and iPhone today!

I wrote a post about it a few weeks ago.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just grabbed a copy on a whim as I am away on business, so i had a pleasant hour with the iWavestation The display of wave sequences is quite cool.

Bravo Korg. I don't see other companies innovating in both the hardware and softsynth markets. It shows clearly that you can do both and each has their place. I have my Kronos, but when away I have iM1, ODYSSEi and now iWavestaton as virtual toys....

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news! Frankly, I'll tell you a secret - I wrote this post on purpose to make Korg prevent me as a competitor and speed up iWavestation release))) Otherwise what a coincidence! Will get my copy today, thank you Korg!
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, but still you are limited to internal waveforms with no import of user waves .. And no taperecorder.. Also it lacks a handy perfomance interface / tab, like it was in legacy vst bundle. You are presented a wavesequence editing interface with no vector joystik (it's hidden on a hardly playable Kaoss like pad tab) from the start. But luckily there's a great Random button, which randomises wavesequence using which you can quickly understand the value of factory presets)

That's why I'm going to create my own uWavestation (u= unlimited) some day..
wanne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how to connect this to irig midi ?
it only shows me bluetooth midi !
i can play via my midi keyboard (daw) but i cant setup a fixed midi connection with a channel...this is the only app that shows me only bluetooth midi..everything else is working (thor/animoof etc..)
thx
sparbier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: where to set the global midi channel????? Reply with quote

the manual says under 'settings' : "this is used to adjust ... such as Global MIDI channel'. but then in the description global midi channel shows up
nowhere.
and in the mixer section one can specify key ranges, but not midi channel!
what goes?
Could it be that the KORG texters all used the iWavestation as only app running and therefore had no need to restrict it to responde only to select midi channel???

help!
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no midi channel selection , it connects to whatever is available.

I purchased a separate app called MidiBridge that lets you do that.
IMO We need to look at iOS eco system a bit differently, I.e instead of expecting a synth app to control all routing natively we could imagine a system where each app could live natively and the routing be handled elsewhere.

If you were to have many simultaneous instances of wave station running like in gadget or GarageBand or elsewhere, having routing settings in each instance could be very confusing and error prone.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
sparbier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, but I do not see how sensible musical work on the iPad is possible with instruments that are by default in omni-mode (i.e. receiveing on all channels) this way you always hear all active instruments at once.

And with the iM1 Korg has shown how its done, very simple actually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: