Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
azroin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:31 am    Post subject: Combi Reply with quote

Here is what i am thinking about.
can the mixer in the combi mode be setup in the way i want it, then later on in the song i want to change levels of various instruments, that i have determined
before hand with a push of a button.
In other words can i setup predetermined sound levels then recall them on the fly.
I guess the set list could work this way. Is there a another way to do this.

Thanks for any input
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure but i doubt there is a realtime mixer scene function. It is possible for recorded play where you set your mix as you record and then your playback will have your mixer changes automated.

There is an option but it carves up your available timbres/tracks into mix groups which means you use several timbres/tracks for one sound but each timbre/track version of the one sound, has it's own mix and general settings.
So if you have 4 sounds put to track, each needing 4 different mixer scenes, then you have used up all 16 tracks just for 4 sounds.
It carves up available timbres/tracks to simulate mixer scene function by harnessing the track grouping function of Karama performance set ups. Bringing in and out, select groups of sounds.
I think there is solo grouping but thats another thing in itself and i am not even sure if or how it works. Back to track grouping.

You can select timbre/track groups and assign them as karma scenes that you call up by using the scene switches. Each switch can call up a group of timbres/tracks that you assign to the switch.
The timbres and tracks assign to the four Karma modules via midi channels, so you are limited to four modules and the constraints entailed in spreading your timbres/tracks out across four modules for control.

It takes some thinking and crafty assignment work but when all is done, you can call up groups of tracks at the touch of a switch and then another group of tracks at the touch of another switch.
One switch calls up a set of tracks with one mix set up, while the other switch calls up a set of tracks with duplicate sound but its own unique mixer and parameter set ups.

Here is a video for how to create timbre/track groups and control them via Karma switches or Sliders. Then you have to figure out your own grouping and mixer set up per group. Your purpose requires groups that will be track groups with identical/duplicate sounds but different mixer and setting input per group of tracks.

https://youtu.be/2OaglzcDoy0

Video shows how to set up grouping but this way limits how many tracks/timbres you can involve per mix group and how many sound you can use in the Combi. He is grouping for simple layering changes but you will group to change layers for their independent mixer settings.

It's a bit of work and one of the things that shows just how versatile Karma is.

Idea
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a second video same subject and author.
Putting the idea to use with midi looped tracks playing backup and then karma scene used to bring tracks in and out for real time play.
https://youtu.be/hx0OUOgihAs

His demo is rather simple using scenes to bring in one sound at a time but he showed how to bring in 4 sounds or more at a time in the first video.
You will just have to duplicate and carve up your tracks for group assignment and set up the tracks per group, each with their own mixer and parameter setups.

Idea
azroin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Conbi Reply with quote

That is good information, thanks so much for taking the time to think out a good solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: