Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next OS update: Piano-roll editor in sequencer!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is it time for a Piano-roll editor in the sequencer?
Yes
84%
 84%  [ 56 ]
No
15%
 15%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 66

ando727

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Next OS update: Piano-roll editor in sequencer! Reply with quote

Please Korg - make it happen! We need a piano roll editor!

I've done a search through the forum and there are countless expressions of desire for a piano roll editor in the sequencer. Korg has provided many useful updates and new features, but this one is ready overdue and necessary. A lot of us struggle to work effectively in our sequencing work without it. I want to be able to create all my music within the Kronos rather than worrying about an external DAW. A piano-roll would complete the only missing feature in the Kronos. A graphical representation is the only way to effectively manage complex sequences with many parts.

So, I'm getting in early in the hope that somebody from Korg reads these posts and hopefully it will make it onto the discussion agenda for the next update. I begging you, Korg! Do this one thing and I'll never complain about anything again!
Kronos 2 88, Korg T1, Mesa Boogie Triaxis/2:90, TC G-major II.

Last edited by ando727 on Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Johnny-love

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Next OS update: Piano-roll editor in sequencer! Reply with quote

ando727 wrote:
Please Korg - make it happen! We need a piano roll editor!

I've done a search through the forum and there are countless expressions of desire for a piano roll editor in the sequencer. Kong has provided many useful updates and new features, but this one is ready overdue and necessary. A lot of us struggle to work effectively in our sequencing work without it. I want to be able to create all my music within the Kronos rather than worrying about an external DAW. A piano-roll would complete the only missing feature in the Kronos. A graphical representation is the only way to effectively manage complex sequences with many parts.

So, I'm getting in early in the hope that somebody from Korg reads these posts and hopefully it will make it onto the discussion agenda for the next update. I begging you, Korg! Do this one thing and I'll never complain about anything again!

I agree I support the request, but having seen OS 3.1.0 I am not sure Korg will do it.

Johnny
ando727

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Next OS update: Piano-roll editor in sequencer! Reply with quote

Johnny-love wrote:

I agree I support the request, but having seen OS 3.1.0 I am not sure Korg will do it.

Johnny

You may be right Johnny, but I figure it's worth getting in early and planting the seed - since they are more likely to be monitoring the forum right now to see what the feedback is from the latest update.

I live in hope...

Thanks for your support!
Andy
Rockabilly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first post here. I just got my new Kronos as a Christmas present to myself and I have to say I was surprised to find the pianoroll is not on there. I use it all the time on Garageband and Cubase. It's my preferred way of entering notes. Pretty disappointed to find it's not there - especially since my old M3 did have it.

Good luck with the poll Ando! Hope you get this in the next update.
Leone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockabilly wrote:
My first post here. I just got my new Kronos as a Christmas present to myself and I have to say I was surprised to find the pianoroll is not on there. I use it all the time on Garageband and Cubase. It's my preferred way of entering notes. Pretty disappointed to find it's not there - especially since my old M3 did have it.

Good luck with the poll Ando! Hope you get this in the next update.

I agree it should be there. Good luck

Leone
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cast my vote for yes.

Also KORG, please give KRONOS visual confirmation of external midi instruments
automations.
Lcd volume sliders,pan, and so on. Smile
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice to have that, but I can think of far more important basic functions that are needed, and I'm someone who actually really uses the Sequencer a lot.

Regards
Sharp.
PCFREE
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a yes from me !

....as we forgive those who synthesize against us!!
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A definite yes. I can't count the number of times I could've used what I think should be "standard equipment" on all current and future workstation sequencers. Yet here we are posting in the umpteenth thread requesting that Korg include it on the Kronos. Mind-boggling.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
LivePsy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could anyone honestly vote no?

The sequencer is a hopeless embarrassment. Kronos somehow missed out on inspiring sequencing, pattern modes and simple arpeggiators. Yet the Korg production tools got those right. I guess their vision is keyboard players want a Kronos, synthesists want the production tools.

B
Wiltsu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivePsy wrote:
How could anyone honestly vote no?

The sequencer is a hopeless embarrassment. Kronos somehow missed out on inspiring sequencing, pattern modes and simple arpeggiators. Yet the Korg production tools got those right. I guess their vision is keyboard players want a Kronos, synthesists want the production tools.

B

+1
ando727

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinity2112 wrote:
A definite yes. I can't count the number of times I could've used what I think should be "standard equipment" on all current and future workstation sequencers. Yet here we are posting in the umpteenth thread requesting that Korg include it on the Kronos. Mind-boggling.

I'm hoping that by restarting the campaign for a piano roll right after the latest OS update, they'll be monitoring the feedback and there's more chance that somebody will notice it. Hopefully people keep voting yes and the numbers will speak for themselves!

I am one of those silly people who bought the Kronos intending to use the sequencer as my main compositional companion - and I assumed without actually checking it that it would have a piano roll editor just because I saw it on previous Korg products. Since I found out it's not there, my Kronos has always felt incomplete and I haven't composed much at all. It's kinda sad...

Anyway, thanks everybody for the support. Maybe we can get this thing over the line!
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll vote Yes on behalf of those who want it, although I have no need for it myself. I only use the sequencer for playback, if I use it at all. I do all of my recording in a DAW, even the Kronos's lovely touch screen is no match for a DAW with two 24" monitors. But I can understand why those who prefer to sequence on a workstation would want it, hence my Yes vote. Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
ando727

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
I'll vote Yes on behalf of those who want it, although I have no need for it myself. I only use the sequencer for playback, if I use it at all. I do all of my recording in a DAW, even the Kronos's lovely touch screen is no match for a DAW with two 24" monitors. But I can understand why those who prefer to sequence on a workstation would want it, hence my Yes vote. Smile

Cheers, Derek! Very Happy

By the way, I did use to use a DAW exclusively with the twin monitors etc, but when the computing world went 64-bit and I found out all the expensive gear I got no longer had support post-WinXP, I decided I wanted to simplify the way I did things. I spent too much of my time fiddling with the computer side of things and not enough time on my music. So I was super excited to think that I could produce fully realised compositions without all the complex potentialities of using a DAW and 50 different plugins. Silly me, I should have checked that the piano-roll was there before buying my Kronos. If it doesn't appear on a future update, I might be forced to go back to full DAW mode just to do simple things. That's why I'm pressing hard for this - and a lot of others obviously feel the same way.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of whether or not I would personally like a piano roll editor on the Kronos, I really REALLY wouldn't wait for one as chances are extremely slim it will ever arrive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: