Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe samplser 2 project management workflow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harri

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Electribe samplser 2 project management workflow Reply with quote

What is the most fluid work flow for managing multiple sets that has all or partly separate patters and samples?

Is it so that you have to always export allpatterns and allsamples from one set to dedicated SD card and then again do import process for both (patters and samples) when you inset SDcard that has different set?
Pepper Astro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm far from having my final sampler setup...
I have no patterns at all created...but as far as sample go:
I've used a sampler management tool you can find on this forum and have created multiple all-save-files with different names
that I keep on one SD card located all in their own folder that I can call upon whenever.

I'm completely unsure about saving any new all-save-files on the machine now...
except for one that I've kept in the same location on the card, the very first all-save-file that was created...
I think the 'tribe always saves to that one or looks for that one or I don't really know.

This sampler management tool allows you to load in multiple samples and create an all-save-file from that...
I'll transfer that from the PC to the card.

I imagine and hope I'll be able to do the same for any patterns associated with those sample "banks" and then load up the sample-files and their respected patterns one after another...
though instantly now I'm seeing a possible issue with that...hmmmm...sorry, I can't explain myself...

Perhaps I'll need to export each new/tweaked sample and patterns individually after each session and then arrange them into their proper places on the PC.

LMAO. It's a mess or I'm a mess. I've not given it a thorough run through and that's maybe because it obviously difficult.
sl23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an e2s, but do have an e2 and an esx-1. I imagine the problem that Pepper Astro is talking about is the fact that you can't use different sample.all files within each saved pattern.all file, actual file names differ but I use these to illustrate an example.

Imagine this...
1. You load sample1.all file into your e2s.
2. You then create several patterns using any samples contained in this file.
3. After making several patterns you decide you need a sample that is contained in another sample.all file, called sample2.all.
4. This workflow could continue with sample3.all, sample4.all, sample5.all, etc.
5. If you manage to fill your e2s patterns to the max, you face the problem of recalling which sample.all files were used to create which patterns. Loading the incorrect files won't cause any problems as such, but will infuriate you as you try to figure out what went with what!

The only solution is to be organised in your approach. If you decide to switch to a different sample.all file, save a pattern.all file (or whatever it's called) with a name to match the sample.all file. Numbering offers the most logical conclusion. So name sample1.all with pattern1.all, sample2.all with pattern2.all, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: