Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Listening to my Korg Seq songs on computer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaikh1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Listening to my Korg Seq songs on computer Reply with quote

Hey! I'm new to this forum, as well as my new Kronos. Pretty much what I've done is I've recorded a song in the sequencer mode on my Kronos using the MIDI tracks and audio tracks. I then moved the song and its corresponding files to a hard drive. However, when my hard drive is plugged into my computer, my Mac can not play the .SNG file containing my song. All help is appreciated, I would love to be able to have this song on my computer. Thank you!
mikeyd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your song has to be converted to a wav file in order to hear it on your computer. Read the sequencer chapter in the manual to learn how it's done. Not near my K right now so can't give you specifics. It's pretty simple actually.
jaikh1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking through the sequencer chapter now, all it talks about is pretty much how to add and edit tracks, but nothing about converting the .SNG files.
robw70

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try:

Kronos Operations Guide - Resampling a song to create a Wave file (in the Sampling in Sequencer mode section)

Kronos Parameter Guide- Sequencer - Page Menu Commands - AutoHDR/Sampling setup or maybe easier Bounce All Tracks To Disk section.

I think Bounce All Tracks To Disk is probably the simplest but I'm not at my kronos to try it right now.

Cheers
navydave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A .SNG file is a Korg sequencer file. It only will play on the Kronos. Its like Korgs version of a midi file. You can convert the sng to a standard midi file in the menu and re-save it and then play that but it wont sound the same.
See this \/
http://www.filetypeadvisor.com/extension/sng
Wagnergrad96

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I assuming wrong when thinking that if someone converts the song to a WAV file to play it on a computer, then you can not edit the song anymore?

All I record on right now is my KRONOS ($$$ issues). So when I am finally able to get a decent computer setup, my assumption was that I would convert the MIDI data to a midi file then copy the WAV files and put them in manually using whichever DAW software I choose to use.

Am I wrong?
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have time, you can set up your computer to record and solo tracks to record each track separately.
As for editing it all depends what all edits you want to make that is what makes for the answer to your question.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Oboemd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make a WAV file or a CD to play back on computer. You will not be able to do major edits to the file (changing sound, correcting notes etc.) but your hopefully saved original sng file will remain on Kronos hard drive for editing. Making the WAV file is easy and non destructive. You can make them, listen and then delete ones you do not want to keep. You can save your seq as a midi file but audio will not be a part of file.
JoeyL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you just want to hear the song on your computer why not just use the sampling function. just record it direct to thumb drive and copy it over.

the wonderful Qui,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbm83f84Oqs&list=WL&index=95
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: