Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ms20M anyone own one?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
souljah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Ms20M anyone own one? Reply with quote

Looking around the web i have a feeling no one own one as all the info are about Kit and minis. I have a feeling that it is somekind of a secret project from Korg as they will not answer to my inquiries, nor is there a proper manual made. All the manuals provided are original(from the 70's) Kit and Minis.

SO here i am, unable to use mine because of, as last owner told me, the midi channel is changed, it requires a hidden function to change the channel, that he does not remember. Ms20M is the only one that has this ability to change midi channels from 1-16. That i have gathered. How in the world does one change the channel? Thank you very much if you have an answer.
FenTigger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there. There was a manual for the kit version in addition to the reproduction, it's the one with the assembly instructions and on p. 15/16 are the additional specific operating instructions for the MS20M.

Anyway, to change MIDI channels:
1. Check no patch cables are connected
2. With the MS20 turned off, connect a cable to the OUT jack on the VCA, but do not connect the other end to anything.
3. Hold down the TRIG SW button and turn the MS20 on.
4. The Standby LED should be blinking. Press the TRIG SW the same number of times as the desired MIDI channel i.e. once for channel 1, sixteen times for channel 16. If you press it more than 16 times the channel is set to 16. The LED will blink for the channel number e.g. on on on off for channel 3.
5. If you are happy the correct channel is chosen, disconnect the cable from the VCA jack. The channel is saved and the will turn off.
6. Turn the MS20 on again and you're good to go.

No amount of experimenting would have led you to uncover that. Enjoy. Very Happy
souljah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir!

FenTigger wrote:
Hey there. There was a manual for the kit version in addition to the reproduction, it's the one with the assembly instructions and on p. 15/16 are the additional specific operating instructions for the MS20M.

Anyway, to change MIDI channels:
1. Check no patch cables are connected
2. With the MS20 turned off, connect a cable to the OUT jack on the VCA, but do not connect the other end to anything.
3. Hold down the TRIG SW button and turn the MS20 on.
4. The Standby LED should be blinking. Press the TRIG SW the same number of times as the desired MIDI channel i.e. once for channel 1, sixteen times for channel 16. If you press it more than 16 times the channel is set to 16. The LED will blink for the channel number e.g. on on on off for channel 3.
5. If you are happy the correct channel is chosen, disconnect the cable from the VCA jack. The channel is saved and the will turn off.
6. Turn the MS20 on again and you're good to go.

No amount of experimenting would have led you to uncover that. Enjoy. Very Happy
Steinberger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one too!
slug

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: Ms20M anyone own one? Reply with quote

souljah wrote:
...nor is there a proper manual made.

??? The full manual for the MS20M is readily available at Korg.com.
Signalshaper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one (secondhand) too! Surprised by the very deep sound. Very different sound compared to my MS-20 mini... The M has very deep bass, a lush sound, more detail... No noise issue with the M desktop! There's a very little bit noise on REV1 but REV2 is noiseless.I'm a little bit disappointed by the (nasal, noisy) mini now... BTW It's possible to use the mini's modwheel with my MS20M... Mini modwheel out>MS20M junction in>junction out> for example the MS20M Cutoff freq... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: