Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any KingKorg Owners have a Minilogue as well?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
noguud

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Any KingKorg Owners have a Minilogue as well? Reply with quote

Do they complement each other? Curious to see if anyone has both and feels that the Minilogue really adds something special. (Other than just being analog!) Cool

I've seen a handful of really good videos on Youtube of people using the Minilogue, but wonder if side-by-side there is too much overlap. Space and $$ are a premium, so I'd rather not bother if there isn't something really special that the KK can't approximate.

Any comments/thoughts welcome. Very Happy
Cenobite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both and I prefer my KK to be honest.

I will likely sell the Minilogue as I hardly use it. It was an impulse buy.
noguud

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback!
black953mj

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have both tomorrow... I'll post some observations after I spend a few hours with the Minilouge. Smile
Minimoog Voyager - DSI Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB-6 - Access Virus Ti2 - Korg Kronos 2 - KingKORG - Novation MiniNova - Roland JU-06 - Roland RD-700GX - Novation Bass Station Rack - EMU Proteus 2000 - Various other old musical gadgets and dodads
black953mj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, you can definitely do things on the Minilouge that you are not going to do on the KingKorg. Same goes the other way, you can do things on the KingKorg that you can't do on the Minilouge.

There is SOME overlap between them but not a ton. The Minilouge let's you modulate the wave shapes, all of them, not just pulse width - that's pretty cool. The filter has a unique sound so found in the various options available in the KingKorg.

Top it off with motion sequencing of just about every parameter and you have a lot of sonic territory to cover. I personally don't think having both is redundant, your mileage may vary! Smile
Minimoog Voyager - DSI Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB-6 - Access Virus Ti2 - Korg Kronos 2 - KingKORG - Novation MiniNova - Roland JU-06 - Roland RD-700GX - Novation Bass Station Rack - EMU Proteus 2000 - Various other old musical gadgets and dodads
noguud

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas, sounds like you got a nice gift. I appreciate feedback, and it sounds like something I need to just try at some point for myself.
fizob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that feedback, I'm looking for analog sounds for a demo of ringtones whatsapp. I think I have found the perfect sample for this, as soon as I have it ready I will upload a small demonstration for your opinions. Rolling Eyes

Greetings, this forum is very good!

ˇMerry Christmas! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: