Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Monotribe is stuck on FLUX, REC & PLAY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamakazi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Korg Monotribe is stuck on FLUX, REC & PLAY Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I desperately need some advise.

My monotribe was working perfectly fine until one day it started behaving erratically and now it switches on but its stuck on FLUX, REC, PLAY, Hi Hat and Step 8. Only these LED lights are on. Rest of the unit is not responsive to anything.

The unit is switching on, giving a sound of a kick snare sequence but its stuck. I cant update or seem to get it out of the hang.

I have tried changing the batteries and tried switching it on with all possible options of holding keys but nothing Sad

I love my Monotribe. And I'm not an engineer sort like most in the forum even though I'm quite techy to understand the gist. Please help.
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW this is an old post! Place falls apart when I'm away XD

It sounds like it could be a short circuit somewhere, or maybe a dead solder or internal connection out of place. I don't have my 'tribe here but you'll need to look at the connections that meet the wonky components and determine if anything is touching anything it shouldn't or vice-versa.

I know that's general, but anyone can remove the squishy feet on the bottom and open it up with a Philips-head screwdriver. Make sure nothing's pinched, then look to see if anything's out of socket (like those ribbon-cables/wires).

If you're a hardware synth nerd at all, it helps to spend the $20-40 for a cheap soldering iron, solder, and some goodies like a solder-sucker. I don't exactly have surgeon's hands or an engineer's knowledge, but with this approach I've saved some otherwise troubled gear when things like cheap plug sockets or fail or knobs show no response. Just find a broken device's PCB circuit board and practice removing and re-soldering components. Look up tutorial videos! Just remember to be careful of static (work by a sink and run a long wire from your wrist to the metal plumbing) and learn what capacitors look like and how to treat them! Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: